56

I woke up with a pleasant air blowing softly on my face. I closed my eyes back feeling the warm body under me and snuggled closer to escape the air.

Warm body?

I opened my eyes once again and saw Manik's arms wrapped around me while I layed on top of him on his garden sofa. How did we end up in this position?

He looked so calm while sleeping and I decided to stare at him for a few more minutes as it's still early in the morning. He makes me feel safe with his powerful aura as well as crazy with the mischievous glint in his eyes.

Such a unique man!

This feeling won't last forever with him. He will try to find something to hurt me and I will be in pain at the end. It's better to get adjusted to reality instead of craving for his presence and touch.

Taking one final look at his face I sat up and removed his jacket around me and kept it on his chest. This might be our final meeting, this might be the last time I can touch you, this might be the last time I can maybe pull your hair.

I laughed internally with the last thought and gently ran my fingers in his thick hair. I will miss him so much.

I stood up to go away and prepare for the day before anyone could see us here but stopped hearing his voice. "Don't go."

"I can't stay with you, I am your brother's wife." I replied controlling all my urges to run back into his arms and feel warm.

"Not yet. You are still mine." He replied.

I sighed and didn't even look back at him. I am not like him, and our definition of life is clearly different as he said earlier. I can not be a consort. Without replying him anything I walked back into the mansion, thankfully only the duty guards are awake and other higher ranks were still sleeping.

I went inside my room and looked at Mr. Pillow Malhotra with a smile. "I really don't want to leave you, Manik... I mean Pillow Malhotra. But we are not meant to be together, I value marriage but you value love. I can stay in a loveless marriage but I could never stay as consort."

I caressed the wrinkles on the pillow. "I know I will not be a princess in the mainland but atleast I will be a poor man's wife. Isn't it what I want? Why am I even crying?"

A few minutes later I wiped my tears and stood up with determination. I will not cry, atleast not when I am about to start a beautiful life ahead. There's no one for me in the mainland and I have to be there for myself and prepare for everything.

After that monologue I did not shed even a single tear as I fell asleep. Because sleeping and eating are my hobbies, and if I am not eating it's better to sleep, right?

I woke up when I heard someone knocking on my door. With drowsy eyes I saw the clock on the wall and gasped. "It's 3:30 in the evening? Did they finish the wedding without me? Am I married or unmarried? Who the hell sleeps this much on their wedding day?"

I slapped myself and ran to open the door. It was Niyonika standing at the door with a smile. "Did you finish the wedding? Is there any possibility for me to join now?"

She laughed. "How can we complete the wedding without you? It's at 8 tonight and there's a lot of time."

"Lot of time? Seriously? There's only 4 hours left and how come everyone is so calm? Why is there no decoration? Why are there no guests? Where is the wedding banquet? Where is my wedding dress?"

"I will answer everything if you give me time." She replied making me realise I said everything aloud. "There's no such events happening as it hardly takes five minutes to sign on your wedding document. And Manik didn't invite any guests and you will be signing just in between our family."