72

This update is dedicated to everyone whose name starts with letter "J"
...

A shimmering, gold rim of the sun began to shine through the valley just above the horizon. The rising sun casted a amber hue across the vast green area of the Malhotra Empire. The air was fresh and clean as the birds flew in the sky, the first rays of sunshine falling over the territory lake.

It was as if the nature is welcoming Manik, the rightful owner of this Empire. He stood up from his seat on the jeep and pulled out his gun aiming at his enemies as the driver drove the vehicle towards the mansion. The blood on Manik's visible muscles from his signature sleeveless black vest and hungry eyes glowed like a coral stone in this amber skylight.

The first jeep rammed through the gates of the mansion crashing and breaking it without giving enough time to open them wider. Shortly, all the five jeeps parked infront of the mansion gates as they got down from their respective vehicles with guns pointing out.

Manik signalled the guards who put their hands above their heads submitting their lives to move away. Manik's target is not the innocent guards who are working for Harshad but Rathore's men who dared to plan with Harshad. Manik shot those men along his way creating a bloody mess as he went inside the mansion.

He is emanating majestic and powerful aura while showing everyone their place as they bowed to him. Unknowingly, I found a deep attraction towards this version of strong Manik.

Nandini, stop, this is not a time to think about fairytale.

I can't help. There's an attack happening around but my eyes were fixated only towards Manik, my man. I was just a spectator.

Stop beating fast you stupid heart. I scolded my internal organ for reacting as soon as I saw Manik a few miles away from me.

Anyways, Manik is already inside the mansion so my plan to go to the headquarters is cancelled. I climbed down the wall and wore the money bag properly and walked back to the mansion.

Along the way there are many bodies lying on the floor with blood pooled around them. I tiptoed over the clean spots but it was difficult since the red water from human bodies are flowing too much turning the white floor red.

As I reached the hallway I witnessed the scenario to be intense already.

Manik aimed his gun at Harshad who was holding Niyonika by the knife to her neck. Harshad's face was already bloody which means he got punched by Manik before he pulled out the stunt of using Niyonika as his shield.

"Ah! The day has finally come." Harshad gave a creepy laugh. "Watch as I slash your mother's throat Manik."

"Stop dragging her into this, damn it. Fight with me like a man instead of using your mother as a shield." Manik yelled still pointing the gun at Harshad.

"Are you still playing, Manik? You thought I wouldn't harm this old hag if you acted like you don't care about her. Tch Tch. I know how much you care about your mother so I shall kill her first. Then your right hand Cabir and then Alya, your love. You will die watching everyone you care about die infront of your eyes." Harshad let another maniac laugh.

"She is your mother too, Harshad." Surprisingly Manik's voice was soft.

I was expecting Manik to blow Harshad's head without hearing him speak but Manik is getting weaker with his words.

Oh my! How did I miss it? Manik was protecting Niyonika from this Bullock Cart by pretending cold towards his mother. How much must Manik suffer to protect his loved ones?

"Mother my foot! I don't care. It's her fault to give birth to you in the same womb I was born. The satisfaction of destroying everything belonging to our enemy in this Mafia world is best."