74

This update is dedicated to everyone whose name starts with letter "L"
...

I clutched my dress in my hands as if Manik will remove them if I won't protect it.

"W...why?"

He lifted his hand and trailed his finger over the hem of my dress. "I don't like you wearing, this."

What does it mean? I felt the cotton fabric and I realised he was speaking about the uniform. Ah! He didn't want me to see in this uniform just like my father.

"Use words, dude. It's uniform not this or remove your clothes." I said trying to relax.

"Speak only after you remove it."

"But..."

"Not even a minute." He was stubborn.

"Really?" I was stubborn too and decided to speak without changing this uniform. "I will speak wearing this uniform."

He stared at me slightly flaring his nose. I punched him in his chest with the same matching anger.

"What happened Manik? Are you getting angry? Then what happened to this anger while you were kicking Harshad out of this house?"

"You are getting under my skin now, Nandini. Go and burn this thing." He said rubbing his neck.

"No. I won't listen to you. If you know how to be angry over this little scene of uniform then you must also know how to be angry at that Bullock Cart. But nah, you just let him go out of this house."

"I banished him out of my territory. That's a punishment, too."

"That is nothing! You have to shoot him on his head. Tapak. Tapak. Tapak." I said mimicking the gun sounds. "If I am not a princess I would have shot him as soon as I saw him sitting in your chair."

"Being a Boss isn't easy. Didn't you see my mother slashing her wrists? I can't lose another life from this Empire." He kept his hands inside his pockets. "Hundreds of crooks can be forgiven but one innocent shouldn't get punished."

"Your mother is not innocent. The moment she spoke such words against you made me so angry that she lost her respect. Actually, it would be easier if you shoot her as well. You need not hear her stupid stories about her angel son." I said in a go but my anger isn't subsided.

"Yeah, this is the only thing left to hear. Someone who let a manipulator out of a dungeon with 25 million is now lecturing me about punishment." He replied.

"Navya is just a pawn. She did what her mother told her and she is not as evil as that Bullock Cart." I defended.

"She and a pawn? She manipulated your entire life and made you so naive that you can't even understand how the world works. It's a lifetime impact on you, Nandini. She destroyed a princess life of yours." He yelled. "If not for the rules of this Empire I would have shot her dead."

"Ofcourse, you can shoot someone over a small mistake but you can't shoot Harshad." I frowned. "Wait. Harshad is the brother of the Mafia Boss but Navya is just a maid. Isn't it? That's the reason her life is meaningless while that Bullock Cart got much importance."

He knitted his eyebrows. "So, that's what you think of me, Nandini? That I am partial towards my own people?" He pulled me closer by my arms and spoke into my face. "Each and every person living or dead is important to me, which includes you, my mother, Alya, Cabir. And that maid of yours disturbed your life, she must be punished for life and not win a reward."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"Then what about that Bullock Cart, huh?" I questioned trying to free myself from his hold. "He sat on your chair, he claimed himself to be the Boss, he said you will die, he took the help of Rathore's to stab you, he stole my jewellery and blamed it on me. Are these not enough to kill him? For me the first point itself is enough."