59

I looked at the blood on the white wall of the mansion and back to Manik whose face was red with anger. His hand was stretched above my shoulder as drops of blood fell on my dress.

I tilted my head slightly to see Manik  holding a double edged knife by its blade. It was a curved knife designed to throw from far away instead of a direct attack. And Manik held it preventing it to hit his body as his palm began bleeding.

With the knife still in his hand his hawk eyes scanned the area and motioned me to get inside the mansion. I was too shook to reply. My concentration was completely on his hand holding the blade and I immediately pushed it away freeing Manik's fingers.

The next minute there was a strong build man behind Manik who tried to stab Manik on his back. But Manik dodged it and held the man's wrist till it turned white and he gave up on holding the knife. Manik twisted the attacker's arm and threw him to the ground in one swift motion.

Manik pulled my arm with his bloodied hand leaving fresh stains on my skin. He pushed me into the mansion and locked me inside despite my pleas for him to join me. I looked at helplessly from the window next to the door. He stood out like a one man army with his red eyes and strong arms challenging his enemies.

It took only one minute for a dozen of the attackers to appear infront of the mansion. All of them were armed with daggers and karambit knives. All of them looked like cavemen trying to hunt the lion.

Manik pulled out his gun from his pocket as he aimed at the attackers on his right. He shot them and dodged the curved knives thrown by them. Every time he shot at someone they would fall on the ground with a thud and Manik would move to his next target.

In between such a serious fight I heard a man's laugh making me curious. The man who was shot by Manik stood up. Shortly, the other stood up and joined the laugh.

What is happening?

Manik shot them once again with his gun but they continued walking towards him without any harm. He emptied all the bullets targeting one person but still he was unarmed.

"Fuck!" Manik yelled and punched the closest man to him with the bottom of his gun.

That's when I remember what's happening here. The dummy bullets which I replaced with the help of Harshad. I did it to stop Manik from hurting others and now he wouldn't be able to save himself.

I regret. I regret everything I did at this moment looking at Manik unable to defend himself with the weapon and instead sought to attack the attackers with physical punches.

"Nandini, send Cabir a signal through the HT in my cabin." Manik yelled and I nodded my head.

His cabin is at the corner of this hallway and it was so difficult to leave Manik out of my sight. But I did as to help him in any way possible instead of looking at him helplessly without any contribution.

I found his mobile and pulled out from the desk after a lot of shuffling.

Please be safe, Manik. Please be safe. I chanted as I tried my best to check how this works. Damn! I don't know how to use it. I never held this thing in my hand.

I ran back to Manik with tears streaming down my face. "How do I use it, Manik?" I shouted from the window and cried more seeing blood oozing out as these attackers stabbed him.

"Twist the small knob on the top and pull out the antenna- I mean the thin pipe next to it." He explained patiently even while he was in a tough situation.

I did as instructed and a shrill sound emerged from this device. Did I do something wrong? What's happening? I shook the item and heard a clear voice of Cabir from the other side.