Part 24

Hey Pearlies, that you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your library. A big shoutout to  its___V isharai16 mayamadhuvanthi  fathimasafy MeryJane044dishtaniya   ShiningLine Taareyians heartfollower28  PriyankaBhati4   for your lovely comments. 

...

All the women claiming to be Nandini Murthy stood outside the mansion, in the Malhotra backyard. Everyone were wearing the staff uniform except me and Navya, she was wearing my frock and I am wearing Manik's blazer. Nobody owns their clothes here but we all have a similarity, that is everyone were dressed in black. 

Alya stood in front of everyone observing the ladies. The yard was filled with many outdoor stoves and pans. Plenty of guards stood around the area but far enough to give the ladies some privacy. 

"All the best, Nandini." Niyonika shouted with excitement. 

"Thank you, my queen." All of us replied back including me. 

Okay, it was only for Navya but looks like it's our habit and it will be difficult. Niyonika covered her ears not expecting everyone to shout like an army. 

"Don't worry, my queen. We can solve this issue," Alya looked back to us and folded her arms above her chest. "Since you all claim to be Nandini Murthy, we shall be calling you according to your serial number. Please stand according to the time you have entered the mansion."

Navya was the first woman to enter the mansion and she stood first in the line followed by others. I was in the center, there were dozens in front of me and dozens after me. That's impossible!

"I object!" I said coming out of the line standing in front of Alya. I don't know how to cook, I am sure I can not win this task at least I can buy some time as Harshad instructed earlier. 

"What is it now?"

"I can not be in the center. I am the main character, I must either stand first in the line or at the last. But Nandini 38? What the hell is that number for a main character? I deserve the limelight especially during the challenging phase of my story." I said waving my arms as dramatically as I can.

Alya was unmoved by my act. "Don't waste time and get back to your place, Nandini 38." 

Really? "Not until I get, Nandini 1 or Nandini 50. I got to be in the mainframe." There is no way Alya is agreeing to my terms. How would she know the value of being a main character. I have my trouble and no body understands. "If you are not giving me my numbers I am forming my own line. In this way I will be Nandini 1." I said standing apart. 

Shortly another woman responded. "I agree with her, I want to be Nandini 2." 

As soon as she stood behind me half of the queue proceeded to stand behind me forming an equal two parts of the queue. Everyone looked puzzled as to what queue to finalize. 

"Girls, if you join my queue I will ... help you identify the vegetables. I am so special in recognizing food." I said and everyone cheered for me and joined in my queue leaving Navya alone in her line.