Part 26

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to dishtaniya  its___V fathimasafy isharai16   Taareyians  PriyankaBhati4   KusumLataMalik  mayamadhuvanthi BBbiggestfan  AakritiArya8 Gowthamidhaya xnococonutsx    for your lovely comments. 

...

It was two days since we last found the map and Harshad went out looking for my house. He still didn't come back to the home which is worrying me. He went alone without any guards with him. There is no way I could ask anyone about his well being. The highest I could do is pray that he is alive. As if someone heard my thoughts I saw Harshad walking into the house towards his room. I followed him silently not to create a scene in front of the family.

As his figure got closer I gasped looking at his bruises. "Mr. Malhotra, what happened?" He got a black eye which he covered them with his hair and the bruises on his right arm was covered by his shirt sleeve. 

"Really? You are asking me this?" He shouted at me and picked up his white coat. He ruffled through the pockets and pulled out the few notes and almost crumpled them with his strong grip. "Things could have been different if you did not take my coat with you." He kept the notes in his pant pocket and threw the coat away.

Why is he angry? 

"I don't understand, Mr. Malhotra. You got the address and went out alone to look for it. I don't understand how it's my fault." I am seriously puzzled right now.

He sat on his bed and covered his face. "I have nothing to say. Just get out."

It's very rare to see Harshad getting angry and this is confusing me. I raked my brain too hard for an answer and finally found it. "I am sorry, Mr. Malhotra. I didn't know you had money in this coat, and if I knew it beforehand I would have given it to you. You could have brought medical aid with that money. Stupid me, I should have checked the pockets before wearing it."

"You think I am angry at you because you took the money which I could have bought some medicines for my wounds?"

"Yeah!" It's crystal clear that such a small amount would buy him some Band-Aids.

A slight smile broke on Harshad's face. "If there is something good about you, it's how you think and that's fantastic." I didn't understand him but I thanked him nevertheless. "Yes, I found your mansion. You were right, it has been burnt to ashes."

My heart filled with hope as soon as I had another person who knows the truth. "See I am telling the truth from the beginning. We have to bring this  out. We need to punish Manik and Navya."

"It is not the right time, Nandini."

"Why? We have the proof. Everyone said the mansion has been collapsed but it's burnt by Manik. We have the proof so what's stopping us from revealing the truth?" My patience is running out since we already have the proof.

"Manik is still in power. Do you think he will let us live after trying to bring his truth out? He has done many cruel things and he would not think twice to kill someone who is troubling him. This is a dangerous game, Nandini."