Part 39

Hey Pearlies, Thank you very much for your votes, and comments and for adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to  injected_vemon   Day_Dreamer023  siaramchandra  MadhurimaNaskar  fathimasafy  srivasavi0  kshama001  HPfan21forever  heartfollower28  SreedeviEs  for your lovely comments. 

...

If I had glitter paper I would have thrown it into the air or if I knew how to whistle I would blow it endlessly at Alya. She was amazing! The way she defended me and protected me from getting hurt is and it is  heart touching.  She concluded her argument by calling me her friend which is sending me shivers all over my body. A mafia boss wants to be a friend with a princess, that is awesome. 

I had a tiny smile on my face when I began to open my mouth to speak with Alya. "You were amazing, Alya. I can't ..." She cut my sentence short.

"No, Sweety! Don't imagine things. I do not see you as my friend, not especially after you almost went ahead to fall into a ditch."

I pouted. "But you said I am your friend a few minutes ago."

"Uh... Well, I said that to protect you from Niyonika. Nothing more or nothing less." She said rubbing her neck.

Whoa! She sounds so much like Manik. Should I pull her hair so that she will accept me as her friend? No, Alya is a sweetheart. I will try other ways to be her friend. I tried to control my smile with the thought of pulling her hair like I did with Manik. Those days were awesome when he used to get scared of me attacking his hair. That is surely a worthy scene to watch for a lifetime. 

"Alya, who is your assigned friend? Please tell me so that I can compete with her and become your friend." I said taking my steps closer to her. 

"My assigned friend is dead." She said with no emotion.

"You must be joking, right?"

"Do you see me laughing? She is dead along with my parents a long back." She said shrugging her shoulders.

I immediately held her palm within mine. "I am so sorry, Alya. I did not know you were living all alone in these years. It must be so difficult for you without your friend." I am genuinely concerned for her. She did not deserve to cry like me, she is a Boss and she should give left and right to everyone without feeling sad. But the thought of Alya crying over her family and friends is unsettling to me.

She pushed my hand away and sat on the bed. "Don't be sorry for me! At least my friend is in my good memories instead of turning vile."

"That's true." I agreed with her and my eyes sparkled in a second with an idea. "That means your assigned friend is dead." I clapped my hands in joy and she looked confused. "Don't get me wrong, Alya. Your friend is dead and my friend is sent to life imprisonment, which means..." I trailed off for her to complete it. 

"What does it mean?"

Seriously? I was expecting her to complete my sentence with a high five between us and complete it with a huge bear hug. I sighed and completed it myself, "which means we both can be friends."