43

Hey Pearlies, thank you so much for your votes, comments and adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to for your lovely comments.
...

Manik left the bedroom and I followed him a few minutes later. I ran so fast that no body could spot me loitering in Manik's corridor.  I locked my bedroom door and took a moment to calm my breathing.

What's his problem? More importantly what's my problem?

I should have pulled his hair the moment he saw me in the closet instead of trying to make him unconscious. That would suit him perfectly!

I felt his hoodie on my skin and immediately removed it and threw it on the floor. Since my dress is wet I changed them and wore the robe. I came back to the bedroom and saw the hoodie still lying on the floor and made a pity face.

I should do something about you! I picked it up and wrapped it on the pillow which was devoid of a cover, thanks to my talent. Ah! Now we got Mr. Manik Pillow Malhotra.

I pointed my finger at him and laughed, he has no where to go but to face my wrath. "Tell me, Mr. Pillow Malhotra, what did you say? It's not my husband's room to stay? Guess who is speaking about standing in a stranger room?"

I faked having a thought mimicking him, "She is mine, nothing more or nothing less. These were your words, Mr. Pillow Malhotra. You were ready to have a woman in your room without wanting her to be your wife. It was you who stayed with me, and it's not your wife's room."

I paced the room. "And what the hell were you doing with a woman who's not your wife in the shower, huh? You were freaking naked infront of me, technically behind me, but that doesn't matter. What matters is you took a shower while I, a fellow human who uses mouth to eat and intestine to digest, was standing a foot away."

I punched the pillow as soon as I remembered about his party. "Why did you take extra effort to look nice tonight? I don't remember you putting this much effort all these days were together. Are you trying to impress the women from the party? But they are not your wife? What happened to your rules, you dumb Manik."

After yelling at him as much I wanted I felt at peace. I thought I will be crying all night but thanks to his hoodie I discovered Mr. Pillow Malhotra who will now has to bear all my anger.

I lied on the bed with a smile on my face. It was the first time I am feeling comfortable after coming into this room, as if my room is complete. But how is it possible when there was no change? The furniture, the wall colors, and the bed was same then what made a difference tonight?

Mr. Manik Pillow Malhotra was sitting on the bed leaning on the headboard next to me. "No. You don't get to confuse my mind, Mr. Pillow Malhotra." I sat upright and gave an evil grin. "For troubling me you are going to sleep on the couch tonight."

I kicked the pillow and it successfully landed on the couch. That suits him more!

I dimmed the lights and lied on the bed to sleep. From my eyelashes Manik's hoodie on the couch felt as he was really in my room. As if we were once again sharing the room, and as if he will respond to me when I call for him in the midnight. But I know none of it is true as I couldn't hear Manik's soft breath as he slept but somehow my heart yearned for it to be true.

I woke up the next morning and lazily wiped my eyes, and saw Manik on the couch. "Don't run into the bathroom before me, I will use first." Surprisingly he didn't say anything. Usually he would run and lock the bathroom just to irritate me. Then what happened today? I rubbed my eyes more and was able to focus on the couch and realised it was Mr. Pillow Malhotra.