62

Don't be stupid Nandini! Love, Me, and Manik. Three different words in one sentence is not possible.

This question made all my tiredness go out of the window and now I am pacing the entire room, occasionally tripping over the things I threw earlier.

First of all, Manik is a Mafia Boss and I am a princess. We come from different world and there is not even a single match about our day to day life. He wakes up to kill people and I wake up to ... eat? Whatever, I wake up because it's morning! Duh!

But love doesn't happen according career right?

I have to love only a Prince because that's what is said in every fairytale for a happy ending. But who is a Prince?

Prince is someone who is handsome, caring and looks after his people selflessly.

I would be lying if I said Manik isn't handsome. He is the most attractive person I have ever seen with those caramel eyes, chiseled jaw, those strong muscles, his height, and most importantly his hair. That black,  thick hair on his head which I love the most about him.

And care? I like how his brows knit together seeing me sad. He was ready to burn Navya alive for hurting me. Those maddening eyes looking at a drop of blood on my face. He even sat up next to me all night when I was unwell. I mean a Mafia Boss who could make any work by a click of his fingers sat next to me only to personally look after me.

Aww Manik!

Okay, let's concentrate. His evidence of looking after his people is their loyalty towards him. The soldiers were ready to kill or die for Manik, which explains that he is a gem of a person.

He has all the qualities of a Prince. But how is it possible? He is a Mafia Boss and still checking all the boxes just to annoy me.

But he doesn't want to marry me. Why must I love someone who doesn't want to marry me? Donkey, Monkey, Penguin. Why can't he just marry me and we could tick this box as well and it would be easy for me to finally fall in love with him.

Argh!!

Just as I would drop the plan of my concept of love I remembered him running away from his marriage just to be with me. I laughed at the thought of Mafia Boss running away to be with his lover. He even kidnapped me so that I wouldn't marry Harshad.

Breaking my father's promise and stepping back from marrying that white Bullock cart is a huge step in my life which I never thought in my right mind. I did it for myself, for my happiness. But Manik broke his promise for me, giving importance to my feelings.

He broke his promise of marrying the Boss of Saxena territory. He knew it will be a bad remark in his flawless history of his leadership but still he backed off. Only because I didn't want to be his consort.

Did he love me so much that he is ready to stay unmarried for all his life, risking his position and title ?

If the Mafia Boss of the powerful Malhotra Empire can sacrifice so much for me, why can't I a normal princess give up on the dream of marriage? I can sacrifice this much for him right?

I clutched my heart as I felt uneasy with giving up my dream. What's the problem if we stay together forever? I believe in Manik, he would never let me get hurt. Maybe, we can marry later but even if he doesn't want to, it's alright. Sacrifice has no limit when one has fallen in love.

Now that the line is clear Am I in love with him?

I hit my chest as it started beating erratically. Shut up, stupid heart. I have to find reasons to prove it wrong. Then let's see if I still have feelings for Manik or not!