77

This update is dedicated to everyone whose name starts with letter "O"
...

Our room?

I had a slight smile playing on my lips with those words.

"Yes." I immediately answered making his face beam with happiness.

He pulled me into his lap for a hug and I hugged him back tighter.

I am not going to lie but this position is now my favourite. I feel so pampered once again. I last sat in someone's lap when I was around five after that it was all busy schedule for everyone around me.

I rested my head on Manik's chest and let my legs dangle on his left side to the floor. He hugged me tight and peppered tiny kisses on my head.

Our room has walk in closet, huge bed, Manik's painting, secret door and privacy. What more could I ask? Nobody dares to enter that room which gives us to do everything without disturbance.

We can hug each other, I can pull his hair, wear his clothes and talk non stop all the night without anyone's interference.

I lifted my head from his chest and faced him while I spoke. My lips were almost touching his stubbled jaw due to the closeness.

"When shall we marry?"

"What?" He questioned with a frown. "Where did that come from?"

There we go once again.

"Don't tell me you are expecting me to stay in your room forever as your consort." I said pursing my lips together.

"I am not marrying anyone, Nandini. You will not need such titles. You will be mine and nothing more or nothing less." He said rolling his eyes at me.

"But I want to be in our room as a wife. I want a rank, Manik. There's no 'mine' rank in our heirarchy." I pouted.

"Screw the formalities. We both want to be together, let's not make things difficult."

I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him close to my face. We are having the same eye level now. "I am asking for the last time, Manik. Will you marry me or not?"

"No." That was his answer.

I pushed him back and stood up from his lap and took a few steps away from his chair. "Well, good luck staying alone in your room. I don't want to move."

He sighed.

"Don't link different things, Nandini."

I gave a sarcastic laugh. "No, dude. These are linked for me. I can't just move into your room just because you asked me. I have my conditions as well. Marry me and I am moving to our room or else just forget everything. I can't risk you kicking me out as soon as you find someone better than me to make your wife."

He stood up with flared nose. "Don't you understand? I am not marrying anyone. I want to spend my life with you and only you."

"You don't understand. Did I ask 500 million pizzas? 500 million burgers? Or 500 million ice creams? All I asked is to get married to me and you have to deny it as well." I puffed in anger.

"I will give everything you ask for but not that one."

I stared at him for a moment and stomped my feet. "All my life I was thinking I will be getting many proposals from the prince's around the territories. I was planning on how to accept or reject them without hurting their feelings. I thought the prince's would be participating in all tests given by my father and finally I will get married to the suitable one. But everything is happening reverse in my life."