82

This update is dedicated to everyone whose name starts with letter "T"
....

A knock on the door disturbed our peaceful sleep. It's not a normal knock, infact it's a knock when someone goes into the bathroom when you have to poop so urgent.

Who could it be?

The clock showed 9:30 at night. I yawned my lazy limbs as Manik stood up to open the door.

The door was still getting opened half way someone busted inside. "I was away for few hours, Manik. Just a few hours and you couldn't stop that scientist of your girlfriend from creating a new mess."

"Will you calm down and speak?" Manik said placing his hands above Cabir's shoulder.

Cabir opened his mouth to speak but he looked at me all cuddled up in the bed and left a sarcastic laugh. "Ofcourse, princess is already here. What does it take for you to leave a peaceful day for Manik?"

"Hey, buddy. Speak with me and not her. Okay?" Manik stood infront of me shielding me from Cabir's angry eyes.

"Yes, Boss. Why don't you look what she has done and the decide?" He said and walked out of the room.

What's happening?

I stepped out of the cozy sheets and followed them who were walking towards the garage. As we came closer I saw few armed men were standing putting their heads down along with Alya.

Well, this didn't look like they are bowing to Manik but as if they are waiting for the punishment.

"What's happening Ms. Saxena?" Manik questioned Alya who is the only person on higher rank in this room.

She looked at her feet but did not raise her head nor spoke a word.

"Yes, Ms. Saxena, tell the Boss about your stupidity. He might promote you to a higher rank." Cabir encouraged Alya.

"Who's that?" Manik questioned and I looked at the same direction.

A man was unconscious in his brown trench coat, his hands and legs tied while his mouth is taped. I squinted my eyes to see properly and finally understood it was Dr. Raghav.

"My man!" I clapped with excitement gaining all the attention in the room.

Cabir slapped his forehead. "I told you not to get involved with Ms. Alya Saxena but you did. I told you to not get involved with Ms. Nandini Murthy but you did. Why am I even the Under Boss when you do not listen to me?"

"Cabir! Stop beating around the bush and come to the point." Manik questioned in a stern voice.

"Why don't you ask this idiot who sent men to kidnap a professor from the mainland following the orders of a princess?" Cabir yelled and the people in the room dropped their heads much lower than earlier.

Manik did not speak anything but analysed the situation by crossing his arms over his chest.

Cabir spoke once again. "Ms. Saxena,  did you consider yourself powerful enough to work by yourself without informing your higher officials? Kidnapping is not under your wing then why on earth should you mess things? Who the fuck will bear the responsibility?"

Cabir slapped a soldier instead of Alya which made m understand the depth of the situation. Damn! It's quite serious.

"Nandini, she..." Alya began with her croaked voice which almost sounded like she is gonna cry.

Cabir stomped on his feet startling her. "Enough! Don't you dare take the princess name for your wrong doings. She is sheltered and doesn't understand the rules here but what's wrong with you? How could you forget your ranking and responsibilities?"