57

I ran to my room as fast as I can before I lose my control and cry infront of the mother and son or pull their hairs.

One option is surely going to happen and I don't have any energy to deal with it.

"Nandini. Nandini." Harshad tried to speak with me but I shut the door on his face.

"You have two hours to bring my jewellery, Harshad. Only two hours!" I warned him from the other side of the door.

"Why are you money minded? You don't value your father's promise or his upbringing. Stop bringing shame to your family by behaving like a gold digger." He spoke from the outside.

I immediately buried my face inside Pillow Malhotra to stop hearing Harshad's voice. I am not going to hear him or his words. This time it must happen as I like and not the other way.

The hell is wrong with the duo? Planning the jewellery for jewellery trees? Is he mad? Or did he think I am that level of stupid? Did he portray my image in his mind as a halfwit?

I yelled into the soft material and as a faithful friend Mr. Pillow Malhotra took it all with no complaint.

I saw him stealing things with my own eyes and he dare to put a blame on me! Oh my! He agreed to marry me because they want to earn karma points to their wonderland entry.

I curse them to have negative karma points so that they would not get entry and instead get an exit. I curse  their pillow always stay flat and warm  both sides. I curse that their snacks gets lost in the car and tear the leather of the seats. I curse that they step in a wet puddle with their socks on their feet.

I huffed once I finished cursing them till my heart's content. Now let's see what they are going to do.

I held Mr. Pillow Malhotra up in the air to match my eye level. "Pillow, why am I even getting married in the first place?"

I knitted my brows together as I began to think our loud and have discussion with Mr. Pillow Malhotra.

"Do I love Harshad? No. Am I happy with Harshad? No. Will I be happy with him in the mainland? No. Does he respect me? No. Did I get sparks with him? No. Do I feel safe with him? No." I took a deep breath as there are so many No's in this marriage.

Pillow Malhotra, why didn't you ask me these questions earlier? Oh my! Why didn't I think all these questions earlier?

Because I never felt the need to doubt this Angel. Wait! Angels don't trouble others. He is not an Angel.

Let's see about Yes in this marriage. There's no way my father would chose him, right? There must be something good in him.

"Is he my parents choice? Yes. Did he hit me? Yes. Did he lie? Yes. Did he steal? Yes. Did he ask me to steal? Yes. Did he behave violently infront of me? Yes. Does he think I am a halfwit? Yes. Did he frame me to escape from his wrong doings. Yes."

He is a red flag! And I am color blind all these months.

Except for my parents choice there is no reason why I should marry him! Is that one reason worth it?

But if I won't marry him then it means I do not value my parents words. That will make me a bad daughter.

"Tell me Mr. Pillow Malhotra. What shall we do? Shall we break this marriage off or should we proceed like nothing happened?"

The greatest respect we could give to a dead person is to cherish their memories.

Manik's words surfaced my thoughts. Unknowingly I felt calm, as if I Manik will make everything alright and I need not worry about anything in the world.