Dinner

Ellie POV

I finish getting ready and look at myself in the mirror, I've gone for casual but pretty. I know it's not a date but being with Bucky makes me want to look nice, I know he probably doesn't even care but I fell for him the minute I met him. He has always been unbelievably sweet and kind to me and spending all this time together made me fall in love with him. But he will never feel that way about me, he just sees me as someone who was screwed up and needs a bit of help. That's all.

I hear a knock and I take a deep breath opening the door. He stands there looking way too hot for his own good.
"Ellie...you look beautiful"
I can't help the blush that takes over my face, hoping and praying my make up would cover it.
"Thank you. You look very handsome"
He smirks "thanks. You ready?"
I nod and he holds his arm out for me. I laugh before turning him slightly and jumping on his back.
"Really?"

"I'm wearing heels, I don't want to walk"
He laughs, I love his laugh.
"Come on then spider monkey, hold on"
I wrap my arms and legs around him, his hand holding my thighs. I can't help the shiver that runs through me, having him this close to me. He walks down to the kitchen and I see everyone stop and stare. Sam and steve smirk
"Lost the use of your legs sparky?"
"Maybe"
Steve comes over and kisses my cheek, he has always been like a big brother to me and he also
Know how I feel about Bucky.

He keeps trying to convince me to tell him but I just can't. I see Tony walking in and he stops at seeing me on buckys back.
"Where are you going?"
"Dinner"
"Dinner is mandatory with the team after a mission. You know that?"
"Stark"
"What Barnes? Team rules"
I tense up, im is still so angry at him. All of a sudden I hear Bucky say
"Ow"

I look at him and noticed my fingers, i slide off his back and places my hands on my mouth.
"Oh god Bucky I'm sorry"
He takes my hands in his and smiles "it's okay"
"No it's not I hurt you"
He cups my cheeks "I'm fine. It's okay. Just take a deep breath"
I follow his instructions and he turns to face Tony, while still holding my hand.
"We are going out to dinner, we know the rules stark but right now ellie needs space. Please just give her that"

Tony looks over at me and I see the hurt on his face.
"Ellie I'm sorry okay"
"I know you are Tony but I'm still so angry"
He nods "okay. Go"
"Thank you Tony"
He nods and walks away, Bucky turns so his back is facing me again and smiles "come on spider monkey"
I can't help but giggle, jumping back onto his back as he makes his way out to his motorcycle. He knows how much I love riding on this thing.

He places a helmet on my head and straps me in. I smile "I'm really sorry I hurt you"
"You could never hurt me sparky. I'm a super soldier tough as nails me"
I can't help but giggle, we get onto the bike and he pulls away from the compound and away from the anger and stress. I feel free with Bucky and I'm looking forward to our non date.