Sleep

Ellie POV

I can feel my heartbeat picking up, all the images going through my head. Replaying over and over. I don't need Buckys pitty or sympathy, I just need to get out of here.
"Ellie....stop" I didn't even realise but my hands were alight with electricity.
I take a few calming breaths, trying to calm my power. His hand reaches for mine but I flinch away from him and I see the hurt on his face.

"Bucky please don't"
"Sparky, you won't hurt me"
"You don't know that"
He walks towards me and grabs my hands, there still humming with power but I don't want to hurt Bucky so I manage to pull it back.
"Ellie what happened?"
I shake my head "I can't do that Bucky"
"Why? It's me Ellie, you tell me anything"
"I just can't" i yawn and wipe my hands down my face.
He pulls me towards the bed, taking off his boots and climbing in.
"What are you doing?"

"You need sleep, come on"
"Bucky....."
"Don't argue with me Ellie, just lay down please"
I climb in and lay down at the side of him, making sure to keep my distance from him. He turns to face me and cups my cheek. I look down and try to will the tears away.
"Ellie, look at me"
I shake my head "please ell"
I open my eyes and I see him looking back at me, his beautiful blue eyes looking right at me.
"What happened Ellie?"
"A lot" I say as my voice breaks. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to stop the tears but there is no stopping them.

"Come here" he opens his arms and I fit into them comfortably, just as I used too. I can't stop the tears or the sobs. The only place I ever felt safe was in Buckys arms and being back in them just made me realise I should have never left him. I shouldn't have left him behind, he is my safe space.
"I'm sorry Bucky"
"It's ok. Just sleep"
I snuggle in closer and breath in his scent, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

Bucky POV

She is finally asleep, I hate the fact she flinched away from me. I need to know what happened to her, I need to know what hydra did to her. I can't take not knowing. She isn't the same Ellie anymore and hydra are to blame for that. I stroke down her hair and her back when I feel something. She is fast asleep so I gently move her to have a look, as I lift her top I see whip marks all over her back. There healing over but they are everywhere. God! They treated her like some kind of animal. I pull her close to me and she whimpers in her sleep.

"It's okay Ellie, I'm here"
She sigh and buries her face into my neck. I hear her door open and see Nat standing there. I put my finger to my mouth keeping her quiet. I see tears roll down her cheeks and she mouths a thank you to me. I nod and she leaves quietly closing the door behind her. Nat was right, no matter how I feel about Ellie leaving me behind at the end of the day she is my best friend and she needs me. Whenever she is ready to open up to me about what happened I'll be here, until then I will continue to support her in anyway I can.