Memories

Ellie POV

My head is spinning, I jolt up out of bed and I feel my breathing is out of control. I look around and realise I'm not in my room, I look to my side and see Bucky lay next to me, fast asleep. I must have fallen asleep during the movie and he didn't want to wake me. Last night was perfect, he made me feel so safe which was the strangest feeling in the world because hydra trained me to be afraid of him. But he isn't the winter solider anymore and I know I can trust him.

He opens his eyes and stretches his arms above his head.
"Morning" he says while yawning.
"Morning" he looks up at me and I see his face turn to worry. He sits up and places his hand on my back.
"You okay?" He asks while rubbing my back.
"I remembered a name"
"A name? Who?"
"Josh?"
Bucky looks down and shakes his head, that name meant something to him.
"Who was he?" I ask
He sighs "Josh was a young boy who we rescued from hydra. You took him in and trained him up. You were like a big sister to him"

I nod "where is he?"
He takes my hand in his and runs his thumb over my knuckles.
"He died Ellie, on a mission about 6 months ago"
I couldn't believe it, I finally remembered someone and he was dead.
"What happened?" I asked curious to know.
"He died saving you from hydra. He died a hero"
I shake my head and can't help the tears that fall "the first person I remember is dead. God! I hate this"
He places his hand on my cheek "I know but your remembering little bits more and more sparky, you'll get there"
"I don't know if I will Bucky. I hate disappointing you. All of you"

"Your not Ellie, we love you and we are here for you no matter what"
He pulls me into a hug and I can't help but melt into him, I feel a sense of calm surround me and I let out a contented sigh.
"Thank you" I whisper
"You don't need to thank me Sparky" he kisses the top of my head and I feel a spark, I feel something. I lift my head to look at him and he smiles down at me. I slowly lift my head so I can reach his lips and I feel him freeze as soon as my lips touch his. As I gently pull away from the kiss, he is just staring at me. I go to pull away but he doesn't let me. He cups my cheek and slowly leans back in. Kissing me again and it feels amazing. I know I don't remember us from
Before but the us we seem to be creating right now is more then enough for me.