What happened?

Bucky POV

This mission has been a nightmare but finally we are home. I haven't been able to contact Ellie and I know she is going to think I'm ignoring her but I wasn't. I couldn't contact anyone, I was away from steve for most of the mission and my phone was not working properly at all. I just hope she isn't too mad at me. As we land I walk through to see Ellie, I see Tony pacing outside the lab, he looks up and I see the worry on his face.
"Tony? What's wrong?"
He sighs "it's Ellie" he goes on to explain what happened and I can feel my anger bubbling.

"You did what? I told you I wanted to do that! For fuck sake stark!! Where is she?"
"Her room. She is being monitored right now." I go to walk away but he catches my arm "she killed him barnes"
I look down and shake my head "she will never forgive herself for that no matter how much of a monster he was. She would never have wanted to kill him"
I walk to her room and I see her in the middle of her bed, wires attached to her. She looks so pale. I gently sit down next to her, taking her hand in mine.
"Baby what did you do?" I whisper, pressing a light kiss to her hand.

I'm not sure how long I'm sat there but I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look up and see steve standing there.
"How is she?"
"The same as when I got here. Could you sit with her? I need a shower"
"Of course. Go do what you need too"
"Thanks steve anything happens just get Friday to call me"
"I will"
I walk to my room and take a quick shower, throwing on some comfy clothes and quickly grabbing something to eat and drink. I rush back to her room and see nothing has changed.
"Thanks steve"
"No problem. She will be ok Bucky"
"She killed him steve, she has never killed anyone for the sake of it since being here. She told me she hates killing she only ever does it if there is not another option. What if she can't come back from this?"

"She will Buck. She will"
He leaves us alone and I sit and eat, watching her. Hoping she will open those beautiful eyes and give me that amazing smile. She has to be okay.

Ellie POV

My head is whirling, so many images, so many thoughts. I don't know what's real and what isn't. I feel my power inside of me, it's trying to fix me. I tapped into something in his brain, something that made no sense to me and now I'm just stuck with pictures. I feel pressure on my hand, a thumb stroking back and forth. I know instantly that it's Bucky. I can smell him and I know his touch. I slowly open my eyes and see him staring back.

"Ellie?"
"Buck?" He smiles and kisses my forehead and then my nose and then my lips.
"I thought I'd lost you again"
"I'm sorry. I never meant...."
"It's okay. I'm just glad your okay. How are you feeling?"
"My head is a jumble of pictures and memories right now. Nothing is in order"
"It's okay. We will work it all out okay"
I nod and cups my cheek placing a gentle kiss on my lips once more.
"Thank you"
"For what?"
"For being here"
"Always"
I smile at him and he offers me a drink and food, he tells Friday to let Tony and Bruce know I'm awake. I feel different, something is going on and I'm not sure what. But I'll figure it out.