Sick

Bucky POV

It's been a few days since Ellie and I kissed and I feel like she is avoiding me. I have been out on missions but whenever I get home she is locked in her room. I don't know if she regrets the kiss or even regrets spending time with me but I just wish she would talk to me.
"Bucky?" I turn and see steve standing there.
"What's up?" I ask while placing my book down.
"It Ellie"
I shoot up "what's wrong?"
"She's sick"
"Sick? What do you mean?"
"Nat said she has a temperature and is shivering constantly. Bruce is taking a look at her now"

I rush to her room and see Bruce coming out
"Banner what's wrong with her?"
"Calm down Bucky, it's just a fever. I've given her some antibiotics and as soon as they get into her system she should feel better in a day or two"
I nod "thanks Doc"
"No worries. You can go in"
I walk past him and see Ellie curled up in a ball under the blankets. I walk closer and kneel down in front of her. She slowly lifts her head and offers me a sad smile.
"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"
She coughs slightly before answering "I didn't want you to get sick. I didn't want anyone else to get sick"

"Baby, I can't get sick. I'm a super solider remember"
"I know but I'm technically part super solider and I'm still sick"
I can't help but laugh "move up"
She looks at me confused before shuffling along in the bed. I take my boots off and climb inside with her. She lays her head on my chest and I pull her close.
"Your so warm" she says as she snuggles into me.
"Perks of being a super soilder"
I kiss her head and sigh "I thought you were avoiding me"
She lifts her head to look at me with a confused face "avoiding you?"
"Yeah. After the kiss"

"Oh god no Bucky, I just didn't want to get anyone sick that's all. I'm sorry"
"Don't apologise it's my fault I just assumed"
She shakes her head "I don't regret the kiss Bucky, I liked it. I'm just a bit confused at the moment. I need my memories back and I don't know how to make that happen."
"I understand Sparky really I do. I'm not rushing you or anything. We will figure this out. But for now you need to rest okay"
"Okay" she whispers as she gets herself comfortable again and slowly drifts off to sleep. There is only one person who could help bring Ellie back and that's her father. He is right now locked away on the raft but I think I need to give him a visit. If it's the only way to bring her back then I'll do anything.