Book 4: The Voice in the Night

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

===========================

The episode opens up at night in Korra's room with her sleeping. As a shadow passes the doors, she quickly shoots up in her bed, alarmed. Soon after, an Equalist chi-blocker breaks through the window, while two more break in through the door. Korra jumps out of her bed and kicks a downward fire arc through the air. She kicks another arc in the air toward them. The chi-blockers dodge it and come at her, but Korra blasts two shots of fire to keep them at bay.

The chi-blockers avoid her attacks, while one leaps up in the air while spinning like a top in an attempt to kick Korra's head, but Korra blocks the hit with her arm, and fires several fists of fire. While Korra is distracted from keeping two of the chi-blockers away, the other somersaults and uses chi-blocking on her back, before kicking her to the ground on her knees while she lets out a shout of pain. Fatigued, Korra sees Amon walking toward her as she hears footsteps.

Amon: After I take your bending away, you will be nothing.

He reaches his hand toward Korra's face as she watches with fear. The scene suddenly cuts cuts to Ryu deep in the ocean once more slowly falling down on top of him was the same icey floor. He swam up to the ice seeing a man that looked similar to him.

Ryu: Your...me?

???: I don't have much time. He's coming soon.

Ryu: Who? Who is coming?

???: You and The Avatar must prepare for the darkness. You must be prepared for Va-

Ryu wakes up hearing Korra screaming in fear. The scene shows him in a bed across from hers. As beads of sweat running down her face and gasping for air, revealing that it was all a nightmare. She looks at Naga, who licks her right hand to comfort her before resting her head on Korra's lap. She looked over at Ryu who looked worried.

Korra: It's ... it's all right, guys. I just had a bad dream.

Korra rests her head in her arms on top of Naga's head, petting her. The camera flashes toward City Hall where the United Republic Council meets. Inside the representatives are sitting around a "U" shaped table sharing in discussion.

Tarrlok: There is a madman running around our beloved city, threatening to tear it apart. We need to create a task force whose sole mission is to find Amon and bring him to justice.

Tenzin: Absolutely not. A move that aggressive would only further divide benders and nonbenders.

Fire Nation councilwoman: Tarrlok, I'm inclined to agree with your proposal, but who would even head up such a task force?

Tarrlok: It would be my honor and privilege to accept such a duty.

Tenzin: This is just another one of your ploys to gain more power, isn't it?

Tarrlok: All I'm trying to do is help. Think back, forty-two years ago, Republic City was threatened by another dangerous man. Yakone. Your fathers wasn't afraid to deal with him head-on.

Roku: Yakone was a completely different situation... and you have a lot of balls trying to compare yourself to my father and uncle Aang.

Tarrlok: Amon is not going to stop with the bending triads.

He turns to look at the other three representatives as the scene cuts to them as they glance at each other.

Tarrlok: Eventually, he will come for all us benders. Our friends, our families. Vote for this task force and I will stop Amon before it's too late. All in favor?