Book 5: Beginnings

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Avatar and Ryu has gone missing. After President Raiko refused Korra's request to aid the South in the war of the Water Tribes, she and Ryu headed to the Fire Nation, seeking a new ally against Unalaq. But unbeknownst to her friends, a dark spirit attacked Korra and Ryu and dragged them into the ocean. As Ryu washed up on the island where he was taken by a mysterious deer cat taking him to the Western Air Temple. Korra has washed up on a desolate island with no memory of who she is.
============================

The episode opens to an upward shot of the moving sky and the top of the trees. Then to the mountain side as the deer cat was shown climbing up a mounting with the still unconscious as Ryu began to mumble words.

Ryu: Raava... Wan... Raava... Wan.

The scene changes to the Western Air Temple with the kids playing and the adults watching with a smile. The deer cat came into view as the kids looked as Roku and Kya gets in front them.

Ikki: Kitty!

Jinora: It's a Deer Cat!

Roku: What's a deer cat doing all the way up here?

Kya: Oh my...

Roku looked over its back seeing Ryu unconscious and with raggedy clothes. His eyes widen as the deer cat gently placed him on the ground and sits next to him.

Everyone ran over checking up on him as Kya found a pulse giving a nod to Roku, multiple air acolytes run to the scene taking him away as the deer cat follows them.

Cut to a facial shot of Korra, her tired eyes half-lidded and the shadows of the trees passing over her face. Switch to a far off shot of three members of the Bhanti, two of them carrying a stretcher, running toward the Bhanti Village Temple. Cut to a backshot of an old woman inside the temple who turns around. Switch to a shot from over her shoulder, revealing the three tribesmen entering the temple.

Female Sage: We found the Avatar washed up onshore, but she doesn't remember anything.

The Male Sages put Korra on the table.

Korra: Raava. Raava. Raava.

Old woman: Was Ryu with her?

Male Sage: No pr-

She sent a oddly familiar glare that shuts him up but he shook his head no. Cut to a close-up of the woman using her firebending to read Korra's energy. She creates a familiar blue fire from her palms and waves her hands around Korra.

Old Woman: A dark energy has infected her. We must purge it before it destroys her Avatar Spirit.

Cut to a shot of Korra's face as she is still not fully conscious. Dissolve to a cave with a large hole in the ground, where light shines up from below. The Sages lower Korra into subterranean spirit waters.

Old Woman: Let the waters cleanse the darkness that plagues your spirit.

Cut to a wider shot of the cavern below, constructed by hexagonal rock formations. As Korra is lowered down, the camera follows her. The large pool of water is lit with light shining up from below. Cut to a shot from underneath the water as Korra touches the surface, the hammock keeping her face above water.

Cut to a close-up of Korra and zoom in to an extreme close-up. In the water, the camera zooms in to a close-up of Korra's eyes. As she opens them, she is in a dreamworld, surrounded by a purple light. She is looking at her own image, engulfed in a blue light.