Book 7: Remembrances

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Ryu and Avatar Korra is back, and yours truly, Shiro Shinobi, couldn't be more thrilled! It's been my honor to bring you news of Ryu, Korra and their friends over the years; so many heart-pounding moments! Who can forget Amon and his Equalist revolution? I still have nightmares! Then there was the time I covered the Nuktuk mover premiere! Boy, was that fun! But enough about me. Sit back, relax, and take a trip down memory lane!
===============================

As the title card fades, the shot shows a slow zoom on the Sato estate before cutting to its interior, specifically the pool room. In a small room which opens onto the pool itself stand Wu and Mako, dressed in training gear.

Wu: You know, there's something about being kidnapped that makes a guy realize he needs to get his act together.

Mako: Yeah, I agree. Let's toughen you up.

Wu raises his hands in a defensive manner as Mako moves in closer; he throws a punch, which hits the prince in the chest. He falls to the ground immediately.

Wu: Daaah, I wasn't ready! Wu down!

As Mako looks down at Wu, a shocked gasp from behind him causes him to turn his head; Yin and Tu stand behind him, appraising the situation.

Yin: What's going on?

She walks to Wu and holds him.

Yin: Mako, how dare you injure the prince! Would his royal highness like a cherry-berry lemonade?

Wu: And maybe some of those sticky dumplings, too?

Mako: Look at you! You're so weak, "Wu down" is your catchphrase.

Wu: I know, I'm a wimp. But it's not my fault, I was born that way! I'm not like you Mako, I wasn't raised by a pack of cops in the woods.

Mako: You don't know anything about me, do you?

Wu: Yeah, I'm drawing a blank. Why is that? How do I not know stuff about you?

Mako: Uhh... you never asked?

Wu: Well, I'm asking now! What's your favorite food? What's your favorite color? Is there a special lady in your life?

Mako: Not since Korra and I broke up.

Wu: What? You dated the Avatar? Sit! You and I need to have a little gab session right now! How'd you guys first meet?

As Mako tells his story, the scenes change to the events to which he refers. As people, including Mako, interrupt the tale, white circles containing the head of the speaker appear in the corners of the scene, stylized in a chibi-like fashion. This format is consistently adhered to throughout the episode. At this point, the scene fades to Bolin and Mako, competing in the Pro-bending Arena in the past.

Mako: Bolin and I were playing for the Fire Ferrets.

A chibi Wu interrupts the memory, as his head popping up in the top left.

Wu: You were a pro-bender?

Now annoyed, as Mako's head popping up in top right as the scene continues.

Mako: Yes. Will you just let me tell the story?

Wu: Carry on.

Their heads disappear and Mako promptly continues.