Book 6: Old Wounds

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Lin Beifong has a sister. After arriving in Zaofu, Korra met Opal, a new airbender whose mother is Lin's estranged half-sister. Suyin and her daughter welcomed Lin with open arms, but she wanted nothing to do with them. Meanwhile, Zaheer infiltrated Air Temple Island, looking for the Avatar. After battling with Kya, he escaped and is now a wanted man in Republic City.
=============================

The scene opens with a morning view of Zaofu. The metal dome covering Zaofu opens. Team Avatar and Suyin's family are sitting at the table for breakfast.

Mako: Hey, has anyone seen Chief Beifong?

Korra: I think she's still sulking in her room.

Roku: Who cares.

Suyin: I know she has a problem with me, but she had no right to yell at Opal and you last night.

Wei and Wing run into the room.

Suyin: All set for your power disc game, guys?

While Wei takes a few pieces of fruit from the basket.

Wing: Yeah, all set to kick Wei's butt.

Wei: wanna power disc your face.

He smacks Wing in the stomach, causing him to choke on the apple. To Korra.

Wei: You should go play with us.

Korra: Um. I don't think I'd be much competition, since I can't metalbend.

Suyin: Really. Lin never offered to train you?

Korra: Nope. And I guessed I never thought to bring it up because I was learning to airbend, then there was the pro-bending, then I got tied up fighting Equalists. It was a busy few months.

Suyin: Well, it's probably for the best. I'm sure Lin would be a horrible teacher. As the Avatar, you should have mastery over all the elements. I'd be happy to show you the basics.

Korra: Really? That would be great!

Opal: You should try it, too.

Bolin: Uh, nah. I'm more of an earth guy. The dirt, rocks; y'know, maybe some light gravel. That's kinda where my heart is.

Suyin: Okay, Earth Guy. Well, let me know if you change your mind.

Suyin's necklace begins to be pulled off. Cut to the table, where the cutlery begin shaking and being pulled away, causing everyone with duck for cover. Cut to a suit, where the cutlery flies and stick to. The person in the suit removes the helmet cover, revealing to be Varrick.

Varrick: It worked! Zhu Li, mark it down. Magnet suit test successful.

Everyone peers out of the table.

Varrick: Power down.

Zhu Li unplugs the suit, causing everything to drop.

Varrick: On to phase two: Zhu Li cleans up this mess.

Zhu Li hangs her head in disappointment. Cut to the outside of Zaofu the camera shows a shirtless Ryu practicing his martial arts, but focusing to hard on his training he didn't notice Asami walking over.

Asami: Hey.

Ryu: Hey.

Ryu continued his movements not making eye contact with him as she looks around, getting a lay of the land.