Book 6: Enter the Void

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The new Air Nation is in jeopardy. In an effort to force Korra to surrender herself, Zaheer ambushed the Northern Air Temple. Tenzin, Roku, Bumi, and Kya attempted to hold off the Red Lotus, but were injured in battle. The airbenders were unable to escape and everyone was taken captive except Kai. Now Korra and Team Avatar race to the temple hoping to mount a rescue.
=============================

The scene opens to Suyin's airship flying above several mountain ranges. She places an airship figurine in front of the temple.

Suyin: I say we make our approach from the west, drop down from the airship on cables, ambush these Red Lotus low-lives before they know what hit them.

Lin: It will never work. That Combustion Lady will pick us off one by one.

Lü: Let me deal with P'Li. I just need to wait for the right moment.

Suyin: You have a better idea on how to save the airbenders?

Lin: Yeah. We come up from the valley, scale the side of the mountain and take them off guard.

Tonraq: That could work.

Suyin: And give them the high ground? No, if their lavabender spots us, he'll melt the mountainside and us with it.

Bolin: Wait, I've got it. I'll disguise myself as a lost hiker, and once I'm in the temple, I'll distract the Red Lotus with my bird calls. That's when you all strike.

Mako: Bird calls, really?

Bolin: Well I haven't noticed you offering any suggestions.

Korra: It doesn't matter. None of these ideas will work. The second Zaheer realizes we're up to something, he'll wipe out the airbenders.

Suyin: And Opal is one of those airbenders. Believe me, I understand what's at stake.

Ryu: Then I'll think you agree that the only plan that will work is for me and Korra to give ourselves up.

Asami: What?

Lin: Ryu, no.

Tonraq: We'll figure out another way.

Lü: Im not losing nobody else from this family.

Korra: Ryu's right. We talked it over with Lord Zuko, and we've given it a lot of thought. We have to do this.

Asami: You can't expect us to sit by and let Zaheer take you and kill you?

Korra: The world has been out of balance for far too long: it needs the Air Nation back again. I can't let Zaheer destroy it and everyone we love. Help us save the airbenders, then you can worry about saving the two of us.

Tonraq: We're with you, both.

Suyin: Yes, whatever you need, they're here.

Ryu: I'll go radio Zaheer.

Ryu and Korra walks out of the meeting room. Cut to the Northern Air Temple radio room.

Ryu: Yo! Baldie, are you there? It's me.

Zaheer: I've been waiting for your call. So, do we have a deal?

Ryu: Yeah yeah yeah. Don't cream your pants just yet. You release the airbenders, and then we'll turn ourselves over.