Book 5: A New Spiritual Age

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Ryu, Korra and Jinora have entered the Spirit World. With Tenzin's daughter as her spiritual guide, the Avatar has one mission – to close the spirit portal before Harmonic Convergence. Meanwhile, Unalaq has been working with the dark spirit Vaatu, who was imprisoned by Avatar Wan ten thousand years ago. Will Korra and Ryu be able to close the portal and stop Unalaq from enacting his deadly plan?
===========================

Cut to a night time shot of the ancient airbender meditation circle near the Eastern Air Temple. The camera pans down from a higher view of the mountains to a lower one of Tenzin and his siblings and friend sitting around the campfire.

Tenzin: I can't believe my little girl had to guide Korra and Ryu into the Spirit World instead of me. If anything happens to her I won't be able to forgive myself.

Kya: She's very smart, and she obviously has a strong connection to the spirits. She'll be fine.

Bumi: Yeah, Dad went all the time!

Tenzin: They won't have their bending in there. They'll be defenseless!

Roku: Not entirely true. We were taught how to fight even without our bending. Dad liked to mix up his fighting style which we adapted to. They're gonna be fine.

Bumi: Ahem? Excuse me? But I've never had bending, and I don't think I'd call myself defenseless.

Tenzin: Of course you aren't, because you have your... um...

When Tenzin looks to her for back-up, she raises her arm and awkwardly responds with a cheesy grin.

Kya: Positive attitude?

Bumi: I would've said acute intellect and cat-like reflexes, but whatever.

Tenzin: Why don't you three get some sleep. I'll take the first watch.

Kya: Wake us up if you need some company.

Bumi: Or if any interesting spirit-y stuff happens, like their bodies start floating around and you need someone to help you grab them before they fly off!

Roku: Bumi!

Bumi: I'm just saying, we're here if you need us.

Tenzin: I know you are. Thank you.

He puts his hand on Jinora's head.

Tenzin: Please come back soon.

Cut to a close-up of the meditating Jinora, before the background changes to the Spirit World, where she opens her eyes. Cut to Ryu, Korra and Jinora standing on a spirit field.

Jinora: Isn't it beautiful?

Ryu: Yeah...

Korra: Just... stick close to us, okay? This seems nice, but you never know when we'll run into some dark spirits. Huh!

She touches a flower, and it turns into a butterfly.

Jinora: Look! It's like it's made of jewels!

She chases after the butterfly.

Jinora: The spirits are so much more beautiful in their own world than they are at home.

Ryu: Jinora, be careful! Hold on!