Book 7: Reunion

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Kuvira has defeated the Avatar and now controls the entire Earth Empire. Luckily, the airbender kids, Ryu and Opal rescued Korra and escaped Zaofu. For the first time in three years, Korra and Ryu will finally be back in Republic City! Meanwhile, Varrick and Bolin escaped from Baatar Jr. and are on the run. But will they make it back to the city in time to warn everyone about Kuvira's new spirit energy super weapon?
==============================

The camera shows a zoomed up shot of Air Temple Island before sliding to the left and showing Pabu jumping out of his hiding place around a corner, running toward a snoozing Naga.

Pabu playfully pounces on and bites Naga's tail; Naga ignores Pabu, not moving until an audible groan sounds from above them. Naga and Pabu look up to see Pepper descending toward the ground, Korra and Ryu waving from the front of the saddle.

Korra: Naga!

Naga, wagging her tail, sprints off toward the courtyard; Pabu bites onto Naga's tail as she takes off running, and he streams out behind her as Naga runs. As Pepper lands, several other ring-tailed flying lemurs land on a nearby rooftop; Korra, and Ryu jumping off Pepper, airbends themselves to the ground, smiling before Naga lifts them both off the ground. She licks Ryu and Korra excitedly, before circling around behind them.

Ryu: We missed you too girl.

Meelo and Ikki run past Ryu, Korra and Naga.

Meelo: Mom! Dad! We're back! And we got Ryu and Korra!

As they run past, Bumi approaches from the right, Bum-Ju floating along behind him.

Bumi: Aren't you a sight for sore eyes!

He hugs both Ryu and Korra, lifting then off the ground.

Bumi: Bum-Ju and I sure missed you guys.

Korra: It's so great to see you again, Bumi. And you too, Bum-Ju.

As Bum-Ju whistles happily, the scene cuts to Meelo and Ikki, running up to Tenzin and Pema as they enter the courtyard.

Tenzin: Well done kids!

As Tenzin hugs Ikki, Pema hugs Meelo.

Tenzin: I'm proud of you all for finding Ryu and Korra.

He looks expectantly at his father, raising one eyebrow up and down.

Meelo: Proud enough to get me my tats?

Tenzin: No.

As Pema stifles a laugh with her hand, Roku and Tenzin walks over to Ryu and Korra, giving them a hug.

Roku: I'm glad you're okay. I'm proud of you as well Dragon of the Republic. Not even me, my brother, or my sister could beat our dad for the title of Dragon.

Ryu: Yeah, you also forgot to mention how hard grandpa hits... now Im scared what he was like in his prime.

Roku: Haha, he would've snapped you like a twig!

Ryu: Geez...thank you uncle. How's Lin?

Roku: Oh you know her. She's all cupcakes and rainbows.

Ryu: Wow really?

Roku: No. She's extremely pissed that you disappeared.

Ryu: Oh boy...

Cut to Tenzin and Korra.