Book 4: The Aftermath

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Tarrlok: Although the Hundred Year War has long passed, we are not living in a time of peace. These revolutionaries who call themselves "Equalists" are not interested in equality at all. They just want to wage war against benders. Chief Beifong was supposed to protect Republic City, but she was powerless to stop Amon's attack on the arena. She has failed us all. If we are to survive these dire times, our law enforcement needs new leadership.
=============================

The episode opens to an overhead shot of the Pro-bending Arena. The glass dome is broken in places and construction scaffolding is in place around it. Some cars are parked near the entrance, which is blocked off by a police barricade. The view shifts to show Korra, and Ryu who rides up on Naga to the entrance, jumps off, and ducks under the yellow tape. In their apartment, Mako puts a red shirt into a box.

Mako: I still can't believe they're shutting this place down.

Bolin: Yeah. We had some good memories here, didn't we?

Korra and Ryu excitedly run up their stairs.

Korra: Guys! Great news. You don't have to go back on the streets. We've talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with us!

Mako: Oh, we'd love to, but...

Bolin: Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion!

Korra is shown with a disappointed expression while Ryu still had his happy face.

Bolin: From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us.

Ryu: Awesome you guys!

Behind Korra, Asami enters holding Pabu.

Asami: Oh hey, Korra and Ryu I was hoping you two would stop by.

She lets go of Pabu and climbs down the ladder.

Ryu: Hey Asami!

Korra: We were just leaving.

Ryu: Huh? We were?

Korra: So, I guess we'll see you guys around, some time

Asami: Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you both come visit the estate. Plus I still need to thank Ryu for saving my skin yesterday.

Ryu: Ah it was nothing. And we would love to-

Korra: But we can't! I have some... Avatar stuff to do and Ryu has... dragon duties?