Book 6: The Ultimatum

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Ba Sing Se has fallen once more. After Zaheer and the Red Lotus toppled the Earth Queen, the city descended into chaos. Meanwhile, Ryu, Korra and Asami tried to escape their captors, but crashed in the desert. After getting to safety, they met up with Lü Bu, Lord Zuko, Tonraq, and Beifong. Back in Ba Sing Se, Zaheer freed Mako and Bolin, giving them a vital message to deliver to our heroes, but will the brothers find them in time?
=============================

The scene opens to the Upper Ring of Ba Sing Se, covered with fire. An airship takes off in the background. A man stole the Earth Queen's luxurious vase. Another man stole her painting, while people are running in background.

Mako: I can't believe it! The Upper Ring is in chaos!

Looter: Don't try to stop us; we're taking back what's ours.

Royal guard: Stop you? I'm gonna join you. I know where the good stuff is.

The group runs off. Cut to Mako and Bolin where looters run past them.

Bolin: Should we do something?

Mako: This isn't our battle. We have to deliver Zaheer's message to Ryu and Korra immediately.

Bolin: Right. Okay, find Korra, and Ryu deliver message. Yeah, this should be easy. We just got to get out of the city and get to the desert, then somehow find her in the vast expansive wasteland that goes on for thousands, and thousands, of miles. This isn't gonna be easy.

Mako: We need an airship.

The brothers run to the docking bay and enter an airship, where looters are stealing airship components.

Mako: Excuse me, may I have your attention please? I'm with the Republic City Police and I need to commandeer this airship to help the Avatar.

The looters, after listening to Mako, resume their activities, oblivious to the brothers.

Bolin: Let me give it a shot. Hey, the Queen's gold's on the third floor of the palace, second door on the right!

The looters listen in delight and run out; smugly to Mako.

Bolin: You just got to know how to talk to 'em, bro.

The brothers run to the controls.

Mako: What, they took everything. I mean, who rips out a transmission radio?

Bolin: Some folks just do not have respect for other people's property. Now let's steal this airship!

Mako: You know how to fly this thing?

Bolin: Technically speaking, no. But, c'mon, how hard could it be?

A glass lens falls off the control. Bolin confidently pushes a lever with his right hand, causing the airship to skid forward across the airstrip as citizens scatter.

Mako: Up! Up!

Bolin: I don't see any up button. I see levers and switches, oh, there it is.

The airship rises. Cut to the airship flying above Ba Sing Se, which is engulfed with flames.

Mako: The whole city is falling to pieces.

Bolin: Mako, our family's down there.

Mako: Move over, we're getting them out.