Book 7: Kuvira's Gambit

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Bolin, Opal, and Lin rescued the Beifongs and Zhu Li from Kuvira. Now they are racing to Republic City to alert everyone about the Earth Empire's imminent attack. Meanwhile, Korra and Team Avatar have been preparing for just such an event. Prince Wu is leading an evacuation effort, while Asami and Varrick are creating flying mecha suits. But with Kuvira planning to strike in only two weeks, will they be ready in time?
==============================

The scene opens with a far shot of the city of Zaofu in broad daylight. The view cuts to the central square in the city, where a number of soldiers are gathered, standing at attention facing toward the front steps of the city's government building. Kuvira's voice is heard, addressing the soldiers from the top of the steps.

Kuvira: Today, we stand on the precipice of history. For the past three years,

The view changes to a perspective from the soldiers' position, looking up at Kuvira, who stands at a podium.

Kuvira: we've fought side by side to unite the Earth Empire and we've proven that no one can stand in our way,

Cut to a close-up of Kuvira's face as she speaks, a map of the Earth Empire visible behind her.

Kuvira: not even the Avatar. But our mission is not yet complete.

Cut to two soldiers in a outpost in the mountains, listening to Kuvira's speech via a radio.

Kuvira: There is a grave injustice that must be corrected. As you all know, after the Hundred Year War, Avatar Aang,

Cut to three other soldiers listening to Kuvira's speech over the radio.

Kuvira: along with Fire Lord Zuko, stole Earth Empire land and formed the United Republic.

Cut back to the map, showing the unoccupied space where the United Republic lies, before zooming out to show Kuvira's face.

Kuvira: This land belongs to the people of the Earth Empire and it's time to take it back! Republic City will be ours!

The soldiers all snap to attention, chanting in unison.

Soldiers: All hail the Great Uniter!

Kuvira leaves the podium, with Baatar Jr. walking alongside her. Kuvira turns toward him as they walk.

Kuvira: Are you ready to show the world what a true superpower looks like?

They stop walking, looking at each other.

Baatar Jr.: Yes. I'm honored to march into the city by your side.

They take each others' hands.

Baatar Jr.: I love you, Kuvira.

Kuvira: I never could have done this without your help. After we claim victory, we can finally get married

Kuvira and Baatar Jr. embrace one another.

Kuvira: and rule our empire together.

The shot zooms onto Kuvira, who closes her eyes after a short moment. Cut to an exterior shot of City Hall in Republic City, before cutting to Raiko's office, where Raiko, Roku, Wu, Ryu, Korra, Mako, and Tenzin sit around a table, on which lies a map of the city itself.