Book 5: Peacekeepers

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

It's brother versus brother in the war of the Water Tribes. After Korra discovered that Chief Unalaq betrayed her and her father, she turned against him, sparking civil war. The Southern rebels rallied around Tonraq, but they are vastly outnumbered, so Korra is headed to Republic City to seek aid. But will she be able to convince President Raiko to send troops to help the South?
=============================

Cut to an aerial shot of the Republic City harbor, where Varrick's yacht is docked. Cut to Chief Lin Beifong, who oversees Water Tribe criminals being loaded into trucks before noticing Team Avatar departing the yacht. Lin walks up to Ryu, Korra and Mako.

Lin: Welcome home, Avatar. Thanks for starting a war.

Ryu: Technically she didn't start a war. Well, she did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem.

Korra: Not helping.

Ryu: Right.

Lin: Mako, I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Mako: I'm all yours.

Korra: I'll go too. The people of the South need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the Northern invaders.

Lin: Great, that should calm them down.

Mako: Maybe you should sit this out.

Korra: What?

Mako: I just think having you there blatantly supporting one side will only make things worse. You could at least try to seem neutral.

Korra: I'm not neutral! The North invaded my home. The only reason I'm here is to get the Republic to send troops to help the South.

Varrick: Zhu Li's already scheduled a meeting for us with President Raiko tomorrow. We'll get them on board.

Mako: Whatever, I gotta go to work.

Asami: I better go check on my factory.

Ryu: I'll come with! We kinda have some things to talk about.

Korra: I'm going to find out about this peace march.

Varrick: And I am dying for a pedicure.

Everyone walks away from the docks leaving Bolin.

Bolin: So, um, what should I be doing?

Mako: I don't know, Bolin. Figure something out.

Varrick then turns around and approaches Bolin.

Varrick: Say, kid, have you ever seen Republic City at night?

Bolin: Sure, I live here.

Varrick: Have you really seen it?

Bolin: Y- no?

Varrick: That's what I thought. Come on.

Cut to the Southern Water Tribe war room.

General: Tonraq and the rebels are holed up here in the hills outside of town.

Unalaq: Leave them. My brother's no threat to us up there. Increase security around the spirit portal. Keeping it safe is our number one priority.