Book 5 Finale: Light in the Dark

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

After fusing with Vaatu, Unalaq became a Dark Avatar and ripped Korra and Raava apart! By destroying Raava, Unalaq and Vaatu transformed into the most powerful dark spirit that's ever lived. Tenzin managed to free Jinora from the Fog of Lost Souls, but her spiritual quest isn't over yet. Can anyone save the world from eternal darkness?
===========================

The scene begins with the Republic City skyline, the sky illuminated by spirit lights. Police airships and United Forces battleships are deployed to protect the mainland. Cut to a close-up of Air Temple Island, before cutting to the balcony where Pema and her three younger children are standing.

Ikki: Oooo... Pretty.

Cut to the interior of a police airship where President Raiko and Chief Lin Beifong are in.

Raiko: General Iroh, are your ships in position?

Iroh: Yes, Mr. President. But I need to know what kind of enemy we're dealing with.

As Iroh is speaking, the sky lights up and Unavaatu plunges into the sea. The wave he creates pushes back one of the battle ships.

Unavaatu: It's time to take back the physical world.

Unavaatu begins to walk toward the mainland. Cut to the interior of Iroh's battleship, where he watches Unavaatu approach them.

Iroh: Fire!

United Forces firebenders attack Unavaatu with large fire blasts, but Unavaatu continues walking, unharmed. He retaliates by waterbending a wall to stop the blasts, before sending the wave toward the battleships, scattering them. He subsequently walks up to Avatar Aang Memorial Island.

Meelo: Monster attack!

Unavaatu wraps his tendrils around the statue of Aang, before bringing it to the sea. Cut to a close-up of Aang's face, slowly sinking into the water, which fades to a close-up of an unconscious Korra in the South Pole. Tenzin walks up to Korra, casting his shadow on her as Roku does the same with Ryu.

Tenzin: They're over here.

Far shot as he kneels by Korra's side while his siblings run in from either side of the screen to tend to Mako and Bolin.

Roku: Please, wake up.

Kya: They're gonna be all right. But I need to get them into some spirit water. Right away.

Cut to a shot of the spirit portal from inside the Spirit World. Tenzin appears first, carrying Korra bridal style. Roku with Ryu, Bumi and Kya are right behind him, with Bumi carrying Mako and Bolin on his shoulders. Cut to a shot of nearby water. Tenzin wades in and gently puts Korra down.

Cut to a further off shot, revealing Bumi and Roku to have done the same. Cut to a frontal shot of Kya as she begins to heal them. Switch to an aerial shot of Ryu, Korra, Mako, and Bolin in the water, a stream of illuminated water passing over them, mirroring Kya's movements.

Cut to a side-shot of Korra's face as the light passes over her and she opens her eyes. She shoots up and gasps for air, Ryu, Mako and Bolin doing the same besides her. Cut to a frontal shot of Kya and Tenzin.

Tenzin: Thank goodness you're all okay.

Ryu: Did you find Jinora?

Tenzin: I was able to rescue her soul, but she wasn't ready to return to her body yet.