Book 5: Rebel Spirit

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Six months ago, Avatar Korra defeated Amon and the Equalists. Since then the council was disbanded and the United Republic elected its first president. Tenzin's brother, Commander Bumi, retired and moved to Air Temple Island. And Korra and her boyfriend Mako have been the talk of the town as well the rumors of a secret romance blooming between Asami and Korra's right hand man Ryu. Peace has come to Republic City, but unbeknownst to the Avatar, danger now threatens the Southern Water Tribe.
=============================

Scene fades from a shot of Republic City to a boat sailing in rough waters, its horn blaring in the darkness. Cut to two sailors, looking out over the water from the top of their boat.

Old sailor: This your first watch?

Young sailor: Mmhmm.

Old sailor: Well then, better keep your eyes peeled laddie. Ya never know what creatures lurk in the murky depths.

The younger sailor gasps and looks overboard, while the older one chuckles as he walks off, smiling eerily. Cut to a shot high above the ship, as a large, squid-like spirit swims beneath the boat, its many tentacles trailing behind it.

Young sailor: Uh, Sir!

Old sailor: what?

A tentacle appears and snatches the older sailor from the boat.

Young Sailor: Man overboard! Man overboard!

The older sailor is dragged into the water, as several more tentacles appear and begin grabbing the boat, slowly dragging it into the water as the scene fades out. Cut to Republic City at night, as the camera pans down to show the Pro-bending Arena, its lights flashing all across the bay.

Shiro Shinobi: Iiiiit's pro-bending night in Republic City, and have we got a doozy for you!

Cut to an overview shot of the playing field inside the arena.

Shiro Shinobi: Fan favorites, the Fire Ferrets, are about to take on hot newcomers, the Rhino Lions!

Cut to a frontal shot of a stern-looking Bolin with his hands on his hips. Pabu is perched atop the railing separating the player's locker room from the playing field.

Bolin: Now we all know that our last match was garbage. Terrible! Even Pabu could've done a better job.

Pabu walks up to Bolin and puts his paws on his master's side while squeaking. Bolin takes on a more confident and proud posture; in a more cheerful tone.

Bolin: But that's in the past, because when you back a Fire Ferret in the corner, well mister, he comes out fighting!

Bolin confidently raises his fist before his body, while Pabu hisses, arching his back. Bolin confidently points toward the arena.

Bolin: So, let's get out there and bend like there-

Triumphantly he punches in the air with his right fist; camera slowly moves back to show that he is talking to the two other Fire Ferret members.

Bolin: No tomorrow. Are ya with me?

Cut to a frontal shot of the other two Fire Ferret members, the male waterbender, who somewhat resembles Mako, sitting dejectedly on the bench, while the female firebender, who somewhat resembles Korra, stands awkwardly next to him. She glances down at her teammate, holding her right elbow with her left arm. The only reaction of either of them comes from the waterbender, who rubs his nose with his left hand, while sniffing. Cut to a close-up of Bolin, whose excited expression has changed to a sad one, as he pensively glances to his left.