Book 6: A Breath of Fresh Air

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The world has entered a new age. Harmonic Convergence created an energy shift the likes of which has never been felt before. And after two weeks, Republic City continues to recover from Ryu and Korra's epic battle with UnaVaatu. Vines have sprouted up all over, creating pockets of wilds the spirits have come to call home. What other changes are in store for our city?
============================

The scene begins with an aerial shot of Air Temple Island. Cut to a cliffside, where Bum-Ju flies away to the tree in the background.

Bumi: Come back, Bum-Ju!

He crawls onto the tree branch and pulls out a small pink sweater.

Bumi: If you don't want to wear the sweater I made you, that's fine. I'm sorry I got mad!

He crawls toward the end of the branch, and fails to catch Bum-Ju.

Bumi: Bum-Ju, I'm running out of tree. Can we go down now?

The branch topples over Bumi's weight and breaks.

Bumi: Ahhh! Bum-Ju, a little help!

Bumi soon loses his grip. Bum-Ju grabs him by biting his jacket, but only manages to pull the jacket off Bumi. As Bumi plunges, he waves his hands, bracing for impact. Moments before the impact, Bumi airbends, stopping his fall.

Bumi: Look, I'm airbending!

He suddenly stops bending, causing him to drop onto the ground with a thud.

Bumi: Ah! Ow, that still hurt a lot.

Cut to a forest, where Ryu wearing a new Gi, Korra and Tenzin venture. Jinora follows them moments later, with a group of spirits trailing behind her. Cut to a wide shot of the forest, which shows the vines have actually overgrown a number of houses.

Korra: How are we ever gonna clear away all these vines?

Ryu gets in front of her and firebends at the vines, which startles the spirits, causing them to disappear in hiding. The vines soon grow back, and the spirits return to Jinora, who comforts one of them.

Korra: Ugh, I don't get it. I can vanquish Vaatu but not a bunch of stupid vines?

Ryu: Don't worry you'll find a way.

(Minus the staff for now)-Jinora: Why do you want to get rid of them? You changed the world

-
Jinora: Why do you want to get rid of them? You changed the world. We're connected with the spirits again. The wilds are their home.

Korra: I don't think that the people who used to live here are as excited about it as you are.

Ryu: Plus Raiko has been a pain in the ass about this vine situation. ACHOO!