Book 7: Operation Beifong

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

After Kuvira harvested spirit vines from the swamp, the vines in Republic City reacted by abducting people. Korra saved everyone, but all is not well. Varrick and Bolin returned to warn everyone about Kuvira's spirit vine super weapon. Now Raiko wants to mount a defense against the Earth Empire! Meanwhile, Bolin, Opal, and Lin are on a mission to rescue Su Beifong and her family, who are being held captive by Kuvira!
==============================

The scene opens to the camera, tracking left to right to show Opal's sky bison landing on the outskirts of Zaofu. Opal and Bolin get off the bison together.

Bolin:     All right, let's do this! Saving the Beifongs and saving our love, because I vow to repair the rift that has grown betwixt us and make us whole again!

Lin angrily walks between the two and giving Bolin a shove.

Lin: You. Zip it. Now. I had enough of your babble on the way in.

Bolin: Yes, ma'am.

All three of them walk to the edge of the mountainside, crouching out of sight and looking down at the city.

Opal: Kuvira tore down all the domes. Why would she do that?

Lin: She's got a whole battalion of troops stationed there. There's no way we'll be able to spot anything useful from here. We'll have to go in for a closer look.

A voice speaks from behind them and they all turns their heads; Toph Beifong is walking up behind them, speaking in a mater-of-fact tone.

Toph: Don't bother. All the prisoners have been moved.

Lin: Uh... hey, Chief.

Toph: Hey, Chief.

Opal: Grandma Toph!

Toph: You were only up to my waist the last time we were together.

Bolin: Oh, man! Ohh, I can't. This can't be happening!

He waves hands in his face, becoming hysterical.

Toph: What?! Do you have to pee or something?

Bolin: No... well, now, maybe. You're my hero! My name is Bolin. I'm dating your granddaughter, I mean, kind of. I may have screwed that up, but that's why I'm here and you're my hero! Oh, I said that. Can I have a hug too?

Toph: What's up with him?

Lin: He's an actor. So, you already checked the city for Su? How did you know she was captured?

Toph: I've been living in the swamp and keeping watch on Zaofu through the vines.

Bolin: Sure, okay, makes sense.

Toph: By the time I got here, they were gone. I snooped around town and heard that they were taken away to some nearby prison camp.

Opal: Where would that be?

Bolin: There's a factory and reeducation facility not too far away.

Toph: How do you know that?

Opal: Bolin used to work for Kuvira.

Toph: How did you end up dating the kind of dipstick who works for Kuvira?

Bolin: "Used to"!

Lin: It's not his silver tongue, I can tell you that.