Book 4: Out of the Past

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Avatar has been abducted! After Tarrlok arrested her friends, Korra confronted the councilman in his chambers. But the heated argument quickly turned into an all-out bending battle! Desperate to save himself, Tarrlok revealed his ability to bloodbend and took Korra far from Republic City. Will the Avatar's friends find her before it's too late?
===========================

The episode opens by showing a basement room with a metal box in the center and a dark staircase are also seen. A door at the top of the stairs opens and Tarrlok steps in, using bloodbending to levitate Korra several inches off the ground in front of him. Korra groans as he levitates her down the stairs and into the box.

Korra: What are you doing?

When Korra is entirely in the box, he releases his bloodbending grip on her, causing her to land, and slams the metal door shut

Korra: Tarrlok!

Korra begins pounding on the door as Tarrlok walks up the stairs.

Korra: You can't keep me in here forever!

Tarrlok steps outside and gets back into his vehicle. He drives away, revealing that Korra's prison is in a remote location in the middle of snowy mountains.

Cut to Air Temple Island at dawn as a telephone rings. Tenzin and Pema are asleep in bed with Meelo between them. Meelo sits up, rubs his eyes, and crawls over his father's face to answer the phone, waking him up in the process.

Meelo: Who is this? It's six in the morning! This better be important!

Tenzin sits up and taking the phone from him, leaving him somewhat annoyed.

Tenzin: Councilman Tenzin here.

Camera rotates around him to show his shock at the news he just received.

Tenzin: What?!

Cut to a photographer taking a photo of the damages in City Hall. Tenzin and Ryu arrives, while the camera, through the lens of a photo camera, zooms in on an electrified glove and several Equalists weapons. Cut to Tarrlok, who is having his arm wound healed by a male healer.

Ryu: What happened? What was Korra doing at City Hall?!

Tarrlok: As I told Chief Saikhan, Korra came to my office late last night. She was upset that I arrested your friends. She asked me to release them and... that's when the Equalists attacked.

Flashback to Tarrlok dropping an Equalist chi-blocker mask.

Tarrlok: I tried to protect Korra, but we were outnumbered.

Flashback of Tarrlok throwing a bola around a pillar.

Tarrlok: Then, I was electrocuted.

Flashback of Tarrlok, as he uses an Equalist glove to electrify himself in the shoulder while growling.

Tarrlok: When I came to, the police had arrived. But Korra was gone.I'm so sorry. Chief Saikhan, mobilize the entire police force. We have to find the Avatar.

Ryu: Like hell you will!

Tenzin: Ryu.

Ryu storms out city hall shoving past police and reporters. Outside of City Hall, Ryu stood there with his head down as the past events began to play in his head, Amon attacking the arena, Asami's dad being an equalist, his friends getting arrested, now Korra getting kidnapped. His hands balled into a fist and looked up seeing a shady man walking down a alley.