Book 7: The Calling

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

After Ryu and Korra failed to return to Republic City, everyone has been worried about their fate. So Tenzin tasked Jinora, Ikki and Meelo with finding the heroic duo. Unbeknownst to the kids, Korra and Ryu found refuge in the swamp with Toph, who discovered there was still metal poison in her body, but when Toph tried removing it, Korra resisted. Will the airbender kids find the Avatar and help her return to action?
========•••••••===================

The scene opens with Meelo loading bags onto Pepper with airbending. Ikki is standing on top, catching them.

Pema: Tenzin, are you sure you can't go with them? Or Roku?

Tenzin: Raiko asked me and Roku to stay here and help figure out a diplomatic solution to this Kuvira problem.

Ikki: Mom, we'll be fine. Grandpa Aang and his friends were around our age when they traveled the world.

Pema: Well, at least I don't have to worry about you starving out there.

Meelo: Mom, we're going to be out in the wild, living off the land! We don't need your food!

He turns his back on Pema.

Pema: But I made your favorite treat...

Meelo: Sweet buns with happy faces on them?

Pema nods.

Meelo: Well, I guess we're not officially on the road yet.

He grabs one of them and opens it, to discover that it has a smudge over the face.

Meelo: Aww, this one is smudged. I can't eat this.

Pema: You know, sometimes things get smudged in the wild.

Jinora pulls the bag of food closed and jumps off of Pepper to hug Tenzin.

Tenzin: We're you able to get a read on Ryu or Korra yet?

Jinora: No, but once we're further out, I'll be able to hone in on their spiritual energy. We should be able to find them within a few days.

Tenzin: Good luck! And be careful! Remember, Jinora's in charge!

Meelo: I answer to no man. Or girl, even if she does have tattoos.

Tenzin: Meelo...

Meelo: Now let's move out, soldiers!

Jinora: Ugh... Pepper, yip-yip!

Pepper takes off, while Tenzin and Pema stare after their children. Cut to a mountainous region in which the bison is flying across, followed by the top of a tower which Pepper lands on. The airbenders get off the bison.

Meelo: Finally! I've been holding my pee for an hour!

Jinora gets behind a small tower and sits, closes her eyes, and starts meditating. Ikki's head pops up.

Ikki: If you get through to Ryu or Korra, tell them I said hi.

Returns head. Jinora opens her eyes slightly annoyed. Pokes head again.

Ikki: You feel anything yet?

Returns head. Jinora makes a frustrated noise. Comes completely from behind the tower, grabbing her hips.