Book 5: Night of a Thousand Stars

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

Unalaq has forced Ryu and Korra into opening the Northern portal and trapped Jinora in the Spirit World. Back in Republic City, everybody loves Varrick's Nuktuk movers. Everybody, that is, except Mako, whose pursuit of Varrick has landed him in the slammer. And in the Southern Water Tribe, Unalaq's army is nearing victory in the Civil War, but Tonraq isn't about to give up without a fight.
============================

Oogi flies toward the Eastern Air Temple carrying Korra, Ryu, Roku, Tenzin, Bumi, Kya, and Jinora's spiritless body. Ikki is laughing and riding on an air scooter near Pema and Meelo as Oogi comes in for a landing.

Meelo: Dad's back.

Pema approach's the flying bison, looking confused.

Pema: Where's Jinora?

Tenzin lifts up Jinora's inanimate body.

Pema: No!

Pema drops the flowers she was holding. Shot of the flowers hitting the ground. Pema runs over to Tenzin. He hands Jinora's body to Pema. Close-up shot of Jinora.

Tenzin: Her spirit is trapped in the Spirit World, but she's going to be all right.

Pema: How could this happen?

Tenzin: It was all my fault.

Side shot; close-up with frontal shot of Ryu and Korra.

Tenzin: I should have never let Jinora enter the Spirit World without me. I couldn't protect her.

Korra: I'm so sorry, Pema. We tried to save her, but Unalaq tricked us.

Tenzin: Don't worry, honey,

Pan to Jinora. Rubs back of his hand along her cheek.

Tenzin: I'm not going to stop until our little girl is back safe with us.

Cut to Republic City showing the outside of the prison where Mako is being kept with police airships flying overhead, before switching to a side-shot of Mako inside his cell sitting on his bed. The cell door opens suddenly and the shot changes to a frontal of Song.

Song: You've got a visitor.

Bolin enters the cell as Song steps away from the door.

Bolin: Hey, Mako.

Mako: Hey. What's with the fancy duds?

Bolin: I'm on my way to the big finale for "Nuktuk: Hero of the South."

Bolin flexes as the shot cuts to a frontal of Bolin.

Bolin: Yeah, everyone's gonna be there except for, you know, you... because you're in jail and stuff.

Mako: Thanks for the reminder.

Return to shot of Bolin as he pulls a poster out of his jacket.

Bolin: Hey, I brought you something. I thought this would brighten up your new place. Read the inscription.

Mako: "Dear Mako, Nuktuk says, 'Keep smiling.'"

Cut to a grinning Bolin and back to a frontal shot of Mako.

Mako: Did you come by just to give me a poster?

Bolin: No, I came by to give you my sincere, heartfelt words of encouragement. I know our lives have been moving in two different directions, but I want you to know that I will always be there for you. We are brothers, after all, even if one of us is a member of high society and the other one is a criminal.