Book 7: Ryu and Korra Alone

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Avatar has gone missing! Three years ago, Zaheer poisoned Korra, severely injuring her and Ryu and Zaheer had a epic clash that put Ryu out for some time. While their friends moved on with their lives, Korra and Ryu remained in the South Pole. Everyone thought they were still recuperating, but six months ago, Korra and Ryu left home and hasn't been seen since. Even Chief Tonraq was shocked to learn that his daughter's whereabouts are unknown. What has become of the Avatar and her best friend and when will they return?
=============================

As the title card fades into the scene, the view is centered on a mirror, shattered and broken. Through the fractures, a pair of blue eyes, set in a face which is scratched and bruised, are visible. The shot pulls back to reveal Korra looking at her reflection. After a moment, she drops her gaze, as if unable to look at herself. The shot changes to a side shot of Korra; she is standing in a public bathroom of sorts with a slow stream of water running from the sink faucet in front of her. Metalbending the faucet further open, the stream increases, and she pulls a glowing stream of water out of the sink in front of her, holding it to her bruised elbow to heal her wounds. Suddenly, there is a flurry of knocks at the door, making Korra jump and look over her shoulder, on guard.

Ryu: Korra?

Shot switches to outside, where Ryu and a man stands hunched over, waiting.

Man: Tell her to hurry up! I got an emergency situation!

She opened the door and walking away as the man hurriedly enters, groaning.

Korra: Knock yourself out. Let's go Ryu.

He slams the door behind them. Ryu and Korra walks a little ways before stopping, noticing to revving sound of an engine. Looking up, they see a car bearing down them m just in time Ryu grabs her and jumps across the street, somersaulting and running to the other side as the car spins to a stop behind them.

Suddenly fatigued, Korra staggers, holding her hand to her head, and stumbles to the wall of an alley, bracing herself against it. She slowly takes her hand from her head and stares down into the dark alleyway in wonder.

Ryu: Korra?

Korra: Huh?

A twisting shot drawing closer shows another Korra standing in the alleyway, dressed in the blue of the Water Tribe, a broken chain wrapped around her wrist, and her eyes glowing with the energy of the Avatar State. Her shoulders hunched, her head slightly raised, and her arms limply hanging at her side give her a somewhat inhuman appearance. Still bracing herself against the wall, Korra looks the apparition in front of her, initially with a look of shock but then with determination.

Korra: You again!

Ryu: Who?

The hallucination looks up and stares at Korra for a few more seconds. Without warning, she whips the chain around her wrist in Korra's direction. Korra firebends in defense, but the chain sneaks past her and wraps itself around her leg, pulling it out from under her.

Korra is thrown on her back but manages to raise her left to protect her face against the incoming chain, which wraps itself around her arm instead. Cut to Korra's point of view as the apparition slowly advances on her.

Close-up; pulling her free arm back and firebending at her attacker.

Korra: Leave me alone!

As the fireblast dissipates, the shot changes to an aerial view of the alley which reveals that the apparition has disappeared and Ryu grabbing her wrist just in time stopping her.