Book 6 Finale: Venom of the Red Lotus

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

IIIIIIIIIIIIt's FIGHT NIGHT! The Red Lotus has captured the Avatar. Korra gave herself up in exchange for the airbenders, but Zaheer double crossed her, while Ghazan trapped Team Avatar at the temple. All seems lost until Bolin saved their lives by lavabending. But he's not the only one with new skills. Zaheer unlocked the ancient airbending ability of flight. Will Ryu save the Air Nation and Korra before it's too late?
============================

The scene opens to the Spirit World as Ryu was seen with his eyes closed. Ryu is woken by water drops falling on his head, to find himself inside the ruins of a small water tribe house, the bandages still on him with friendly spirits looking over him. He spots Mulan sitting with her eyes closed.

Ryu: Great grandma? Where... am I?

Mulan: I am surprised that you remember so little... but then, you were so little when it happened.

Ryu suddenly hears screaming inside his head and cries out in pain. He crawls towards the edge of the house ruin. Mulan gazes at him.

Mulan: Perhaps you do remember.

Ryu: What? It's just stupid nightmares.

Mulan: Nightmare... or memory?

Ryu gazes into a shattered mirror just outside the ruin. His reflection changes into that of an infant baby laughing happily at his older self. Ryu looks up as another flashback takes over... this time, he sees a 2D animated village full of water tribe citizens happily living their lives.

Children rush by on sleds as traders work in stands. Ryu's parents wave sweetly as baby Ryu climbs down the stairs outside his house, clutching a tiny dragon doll. Teenage Ryu staggers out the ruin as his memories return to him.

Mulan: This was a thriving village. Unalaq was in line to rule Northern Tribe... but he wanted more. I was foretold that someone would stand in his way... the blood of Avatar Wan and the Avatar. But I never could have foretold what came next...

is struck by another vision... It is night, and the entire village is in flames. The villages run for their lives as Zaheer and his team begin their assault. In the midst of the massacre, baby Ryu sits outside his hut whimpering in fear, while clutching his doll. In the flames, he spots Zaheer and P'Li a short distance away. Zaheer notices the child.

Zaheer: Follow me.

Ryu's mother grabs her son and flees. Baby Ryu loses his grip on the doll, and it bounces on the ground before being buried in flaming debris...

In the present, adult Ryu reaches beneath an old piece of wood and finds his long lost toy. He stares at it before the visions strike again... once again, he sees his father giving one last smile... he stops, the memory now too painful to remember.

Mulan: Stop fighting... let it flow...

Ryu slowly relaxes... he sets downs his old toy... he looks up at the snow falling down on his head then closes his eyes... he begins performing tai chi movements... he lifts his hand to catch a single snowflake as it turned into a droplet as...

Ming-Hua is seen using her water like arms drowning his mother while his father was begging him to stop.

Jin: Please! Stop! We don't know where the Avatar is!