Book 5: Darkness Falls

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

After ten thousand years, Harmonic Convergence is here again, and the dark spirit Vaatu is free. Roku, Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya have entered the portal to rescue Jinora's spirit. Asami split from the group and took the injured Tonraq to safety. So it's up to Ryu, Korra, Mako, and Bolin to stop Unalaq before he fuses with Vaatu and becomes a Dark Avatar.
====••========================

Shot of the back of Vaatu hovering above the Tree of Time looking down at Ryu, Korra, Mako, and Bolin. Cut to close-up of Unalaq looking up at Vaatu in amazement. Unalaq turns to the Avatar and the two brothers, who are standing behind him. Frontal of Korra and Ryu with Mako and Bolin in the background. Addressing the light spirit within Korra and Ryu's blood.

Vaatu: Raava. Blood of Avatar Wan.

The shot changes to show the back of Korra and front of Vaatu.

Vaatu. nothing could stop this moment. Harmonic Convergence is upon us again.

Korra: I'm not going to let you fuse with Unalaq. You're going right back in that prison.

Ryu: And for good this time!

Vaatu tries to fuse with Unalaq as Korra enters the Avatar State as Ryu's eyes glow and stops him with a large blast of fire. Korra catches Unalaq with airbending, lifting him off the ground, and flings him back through the portal.

Cut to a shot of Korra out of the Avatar State as well Ryu as they turned to Mako and Bolin.

Ryu: Don't let Unalaq back in the Spirit World.

Bolin: We're on it.

Mako and Bolin run through the portal, and Korra and Ryu turns back to Vaatu, who is charging right at then. Korra reenters the Avatar State and Ryu's eyes glow once more and charges at Vaatu via a thrust of firebending. Cut to Tenzin, Roku, Kya and Bumi walking through the Spirit World.

Bumi: Jinora. Jinora's spirit do you hear me? It's your Uncle Bumi.

Tenzin: Ah, this isn't working. We can't just randomly wander the Spirit World, call out for Jinora, and expect to find her.

Bumi: We just need to employ the simply rules of tracking. First we locate her footprints... then we follow them.

Kya: Do you even know what spirit footprints look like? Do spirits even leave footprints? Face it, your tracking skills won't work in the Spirit World.

She sits down on the ground in a meditation position.

Kya: Let me try something.

Close-up of Kya performing mantra meditating.

Kya: Jinora is over there. I feel a lot of spiritual energy coming from that direction.

Roku: We're in the Spirit World. There's spiritual energy in every direction.

Tenzin: Enough! We can't do this by ourselves. We need a spirit guide.

Tenzin walks away followed by Roku, Kya and Bumi. They approach a hole in the trunk of a large tree with a glowing star inside.

Roku: Red flag.

Tenzin: There. Spirit, hello. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I am in need of your assistance.