Book 6: The Earth Queen

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Air Nation has its first recruit. Team Avatar's search for new airbenders in the Earth Kingdom led them to Kai, an orphan with a shady past. Meanwhile, Lord Zuko and the returning Lü Bu is hot on the trail of three escaped criminals who pose a great threat to the Ryu and Avatar. Unaware of the danger to them, they continues their mission to find more airbenders. Next stop, the walled city of Ba Sing Se.
=============================

The scene opens to the Future Industries airship as it flies over the Earth Kingdom, with Oogi flying just above. Cut to the platform atop the airship, where Ryu, Bumi and Kai are practicing their airbending, under the instruction of Jinora and watched by Asami, Naga, and Pabu.

Jinora: Light on your feet, Uncle Bumi. Remember, you want to be quick and evasive.

Bumi: Don't worry about me, little lady. I've been in a scrap or two you know. Ha ha. Oh, you're just a bunch of youngsters, so I'm gonna go easy on ya. Wouldn't want to hurt a kid...

Kai and Ryu ran towards Bumi. Kai slides to the floor, and fires an airbending blast at Bumi's legs, setting him up for Ryu who jumps in the air sending a airbending kick knocking him to the ground.

Bumi: Ow...

Jinora: Uncle Bumi, you've got to work on your stance changes.

Jinora and Kai help Bumi to his feet. As Asami walks over to Ryu as they started talking.

Jinora: Kai, that was just, really good.

Kai: Thanks Jinora, it was really Ryu's idea but you're a great teacher.

Jinora stares at Kai for a second, before turning away, blushing. She helps her uncle away, but he brushes her off, before patting his body, looking for something.

Bumi: Jinora, looking behind Bumi, begins to chuckle as Kai strolls casually past them, fanning himself with Bumi's wallet. Bumi turns to look at the young boy. Cut to Ryu and Asami watching with a smile.

Asami: Nice moves. You're getting pretty good at this.

Ryu: Oh It's nothing really.

Asami: Have you been to Ba Sing Se before?

Ryu: Mmm not really but grandpa and Korra's past self did. Although it was on a diplomatic mission.

Asami: Maybe whenever we're not busy we go sightseeing?

Ryu: That'd be awesome.

Asami: Sweetness.

Shot pulls back to reveal Tenzin and Korra complacently watching the group on the platform below, Korra watched Ryu and Asami glaring at them slightly.

Korra: It's so exciting to be on a diplomatic mission to Ba Sing Se. What's the Earth Queen like?

Tenzin: I've never met her, but I've heard she can be quite... demanding.

Bolin runs to accompany Korra and Tenzin, swinging his legs under the railings in excitement.

Bolin: This is it, Mako! We made it! This is where Dad grew up! Come here! Look, look!

Mako: Okay, calm down, I'm looking.

The shot pulls back to show the airship approaching the Outer Wall of Ba Sing Se.