Cancer part 2

The last two weeks have been amazing. We have been surfing, fishing and having the time of our lives. JJ and I were closer than ever. Kie was still pretty pissed but everything else was good.

"I'm fine." I say sitting down taking a minute to catch my breath. "Are you sure?" JJ asked nervously. "Yeah. All good. Just need to. Catch my breath." I smile. He kisses my forehead and ruffles my hair. "I'm alright J." I say knowing what he was thinking. I was running out of time. I am lucky if I make it through the week. The pain has been constant. Starting in my stomach and spreading to my back. "Why don't we go back to John Bs to rest?" JJ asked concerned. "She said she is fine. Just because she is tired we are going to ruin our fishing trip?" Kiara said annoyed. Of course that starts it and as JJ and Kiara start arguing I start to feel very dizzy. John be wraps his arms around me as my eyes go fuzzy and I collapse.
I wake up in my room. There was an IV needle in my arm. I slowly sit up and pull it out. "Hayley! You know better!" Jeremy scolds lightly putting it back in. "I don't want it. I told you I am not dying this way." He gives me an anxious look. "Hayley..." I shake my head. "I have days left. Hours even. I don't know. I am not spending it with bed rest and a needle in my arm. I am NOT going to the hospital. I am living life the way I want to. The way Mom would want me." I say biting back tears. He sighs. "JJ is here." I nod. "Cool thank you. I am taking a shower and then going out with my friends cool?" He runs his hands through his hair and nods. "Yeah." I hug him. "I love you." He sighs and hugs me back. "I love you too Hayley."
I take a hot shower feeling my body turn against me and I knew I wasn't making it to tomorrow. I straighten my hair and put on my favorite crop tank top and a push up bra with my daisy duke shorts. I take a deep breath and write a letter to Jeremy, JJ, John B, Pope, Kie and Sarah. I put them on my desk and walk out. JJ wraps his arms around me. "I'm ok Baby." I whisper. "I want to go out tonight." He gives me a wary look. "You sure you up for that?" I nod. "I am going out whether you go or not. So you gonna keep me company?" He chuckles and nods. "Yeah of course." I say bye to Jeremy and hesitate letting go. He gives me the look and I bite my cheek and quickly walk away. I meet JJ in the car and he smiles kissing my cheek. "You look gorgeous babe." I laugh. "Not to bad yourself Maybank." I tease. He smiles and we have an amazing night partying.
"I am going to head home." I say putting my clothes back on. "Ugh ok." He groans sitting up. I kiss him and grab my phone and purse heading to the car. I see John B in the kitchen. "Hey you heading out?" I nod feeling dizzy. "Yeah. I got to get home." He nods. "You don't look that good Hayley. You feeling alright?" I bite my cheek and make the mistake of eye contact. "Hayley..." he sighs wrapping his arms around me. "I need to get home." I say holding back a sob. "Ok. Let me drive you. You are in no condition to drive like this." I nod and he guides me to the car. "Do you um need anything?" He asked trying his best not to cry. "No. I am going to go home. I am going to watch some Friends and cuddle with Bella." I say trying to hold it together. I would never kiss JJ again. Hold his hand. Hug hime ever again. When we pull up to my house John B helps me to the front door. He wraps his arms around me one last time before hesitantly walking home. Jeremy answers and the door and helps me to my room. "Do you want to watch friends with me?" I couldn't stand the fact that when he woke up tomorrow he would find me dead. It was driving me crazy. I would do anything to spare him from that trauma but I couldn't do it to JJ either. "Yeah." He smiles lightly. We lay together watching Friends and my dog Bella jumps up licking my face. "Will you be here when I wake up?" He asked ten minutes later. "I don't think so Jer." I say with a smile. "But everything is going to be ok alright. So close your eyes and lay with me." We fall asleep both trying to hold back our tears. Trying to be stronger for the other one.