Jiaras Daughter Stomach Bug

Kiara's POV

"No! I want Daddy!" Y/N scream pushing the medicine away. "Y/N (Your middle name) Maybank! You will take this medicine or go to your room for the rest of the day!" I shout at my three-year-old daughter. "I want Daddy!" She says starting to cry. "Daddy is at work. Mommy is here right now. We can FaceTime him if take your medicine." I say trying to stay calm. She bites her lip and nods. "Good girl. Go get juice." I say after she takes the medicine. JJ answers on the very first ring.
/Hey Babe. What's up?/
He says with a smile.
/Talk to your fucking child Maybank. I thought we were done at terrible twos./
I say annoyed. He chuckles.
/What's going on?/
I sigh.
/She has the stomach bug. She is puking everywhere. And apparently even though I gave birth and did all the hard work... Mommy isn't good enough. Only Daddy can do. Mommy doesn't rub her back right. Or sing the song right. Or give medicine right. I am going to strangle her./
JJ chuckles.
/This isn't fucking funny./
I say annoyed.
/Give her the phone./
He says still laughing. "Y/N!" I shout. "I don't want to talk to you!" She shouts back. "Ok then Daddy is going to hang up." I say pissed. Y/N comes running in and grabs the phone. "Daddy!" She says happily.
/Hey baby. How's it going?/
He asked. "I threw up a lot. My belly hurts. When are you coming home?" He gives her a sad look.
/I'm sorry Baby. I am going to try and leave early, ok?/
She nods.
/Is there something you need to say to Mommy? She is taking really good care of you./
Y/N shifts. "I'm sorry for being a pain Mommy." She mumbles. "I forgive you Baby." I say kissing her forehead. "I'll be home soon. Love you both." JJ says hanging up after blowing kisses at the phone.

Time Skip

JJs POV

I walk in the door and Y/N immediately wraps her arms around me. "Daddy!" She screams. "Hey Y/N/N. How you feeling?" I ask kneeling down Infront of her. "Not good Daddy. Not good." She says climbing into my arms. "I'm sorry. Why don't we watch some TV and rest?" She nods. "Hey beautiful." I say kissing Kiaras cheek. "Thank god..." She chuckles. Kiara wasn't the most maternal person. She loved our baby girl though. I never imagined myself to be a good parent. Kie says the way Y/N looked at me proved I was. I never thought I could love someone the way I loved Y/N. I would easily die for her. But I would also live for her. I quit drinking, smoking, and drugs. I work 17 hour shifts just to have a stable home for her. I stay up for hours reading to her just to see her smile. She changed my life. While I am lost in thought thinking about how amazing my daughter was, I missed the three key signs that showed she was about to puke. She threw up all over my lap and the couch. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to Daddy! I woke up and I was throwing up!" She said panicking. "Take a breath Baby. Daddys not mad. Are you ok?" She nodded. "Ok. It's all good. I'm going to go change really quick." Kiara hurried over with paper towels. "Sit in your chair and wait with Mommy. I will be right back." I say going to my room and changing out of my puke-stained clothes. Hearing her cries made me hurry up. I put on pajama pants and a clean t-shirt walking back out to comfort my daughter. She reached for me and gently rocked her trying not to upset her stomach. "You're all right. Take a breath." I say rubbing her back. Five minutes later she was out. I lay her down in her bed and walk back to the living room. "Am I a bad Mom?" I am taken back by this. "What? No!" She paces around. "I can't even get my sick baby to stop crying. You get it done within five minutes." She says tears threatening to spill. I never knew she was insecure about her parenting. "Kie you have been with her all day. You have held her. Cleaned up her puke. Soothed her tears. That is more than either of my parents ever did for me. You are a great Mom." I say hugging her and rubbing my back.