JJs Baby Sister (4)

JJ's sister Kaitlyn, 4 years old, gets sick in the middle of the night while the siblings are staying at John B's for the night.

JJ was generally a deep sleeper. People often joked that he could sleep through a hurricane. Which was then proved when he slept through Agatha's wreckage. Yet when he heard his baby sisters cries, not just cries but sobs he immediately sat right up. He didn't bother putting a shirt on but hurried to the living room where she was supposed to be sleeping on the pull out. "Shit." He mutters taking in the scene. Lily was standing up in the couch a terrified look on her face. There was vomit pulling in the blankets in front of her. "It's ok. You're alright. Come here." JJ sighs extending his arms. Kate quickly moves and climbs into his brothers arms still hysterical. "Shh. You're alright." JJ soothes gently rocking her until the tears subsided. "You're belly hurting you still Katie?" JJ asked not interested in being vomited on. "No. It feels all better now. Why does my belly hate me?" She cried digging her head into his chest. JJ felt for a fever relieved to see she wasn't coming down with anything. "Your belly doesn't hate you. It didn't like your dinner last night so it sent it back." JJ explains grabbing a towel and wiping down her hands and face relieved she wasn't all messy. "You guys alright?" John B questions sleepily from the doorway before flicking the light on and taking in the scene. "Yeah. I'm sorry man." JJ apologized feeling guilty for the mess on his couch. "Don't worry about it. It's all good. You alright Katie?" John B questions ruffling the young blondes hair. "My belly hates me." She cried looking up from JJ's chest. "It doesn't hate you." He chuckles softly. "Then why did it make me throw up?" She sniffles wiping her tears on her hand. "It didn't like your food. That's all. You'll feel better in the morning." JJ sighs. "Did JJ tell you the special surprise you get when you're sick though?" John B said in an attempt to brighten the little girls miserable night. "Hm?" She questions immediately perking up. "You get to watch whatever you want on TV for as long as you want." He says with a smile. "Really?" She questions eyes lighting up. "You sure?" JJ double checks with his friend. "Yeah. I'll hang out with her while you get cleaned up." John B says taking the small girl into his arms. "You're the best JB." She whispers snuggling into him. "Thanks man." JJ says getting to work cleaning up. He balled all the blankets up tossing them in the washer before heading to his friends room. "Thanks Man. You want me to take her?" JJ questions seeing his little sister snuggled up next to John B fast asleep. "Nah she's alright. She looks comfortable." He chuckles glancing down at the girl. "I'm sorry for the mess." JJ apologizes. "No worries. Go get some rest. I'll wake you up if she wakes up." John B assured him. "Thank you." JJ sighed so grateful for his bestfriend.