chapter six

Tomorrow is Halloween. The halls are already nicely decorated just as the great hall. Above the tables there are hundreds of pumpkins, all with different cut faces on them, floating in mid air.

It's a shame we only have a three day vacation for this time of the year.

"Lavelle!"

I spin around and bump into the platinum blond haired boy, my books from last class falling out of my hands as soon as I hit his chest.

I quickly kneel and start to pick up my notes that flew all over the hall floor.

Malfoy kneels and helps me gather them too.

Draco and I haven't talked more than we had to since the time he let me sleep in his room. He still continued to annoy me with his stupid jokes or insults here and there. As I was thinking in the beginning, this past action of his was just a nice gesture, that's all.

I lift my gaze up to his eyes and wait for him to speak, watching him still pick at some of my notes at the floor.

He doesn't look at me. He's avoiding my eyes on purpose. Is he ashamed to tell me whatever he has in mind?

"I was thinking, maybe we could, uh,—" he starts but he doesn't even get to finish when we both get back up and someone jumps on me from behind, resulting me to stumble forward.

"Oi! You two!" Pansy shouts. "There's a Halloween party tomorrow. Slytherin Commonroom. I expect you two to be there."

Just as sudden she appeared, just as sudden she disappeared around the corner and Draco and I are alone again with some students passing the corridors next to us.

I turn my attention back to him. "So, what were you thinking?"

With a click of his tongue he presses the rest of my stuff, he picked up from the floor, into my arms. "Nothing important, Lavelle. Use that damn eyes of yours for once, will you?" He throws his hands in the air. "Maddening all the people here with your incompetence." And with a shake of his head he pushes past me, brushing my shoulder, and he's gone around the corner.

What was that?