chapter 30

The great hall is decorated in white and light blue colours, representing the snow in the winter. Loud party music is bursting into my ears as Pansy and I enter the hall. Out from the ceiling of the roof there are little magical snowflakes falling down and crushing into midair. It's so mesmerising, seeing everyone so dressed up, too. Beautiful long dresses, elegant suits, fixed hair and amused smiles on everyone around. This celebration is truly the best thing every time. The music is not for slow dancing because not everyone has arrived, yet. Instead, it's catching and inviting.

"Gosh, this is so exciting!" Pansy wiggles with her hands, trying to calm herself down as I chuckle.

"It really is." I agree, pointing to Viktor Krum. "There is your date."

Pansy pushes out a muffled scream as he starts moving towards us. "I'm gonna see ya later! Have fun, kiss kiss!" She yells as she stumbles to Krum, taking his hand and walking off.

A sigh escapes my mouth while I look around. I don't know where to join because I kind of feel like a burden right now. Like the third wheel. Pansy is with her date, Blaise is with his date. Only I am standing like a fool at the entrance of the hall, getting really uncomfortable.

"Hey."

At the touch of someone on my shoulder I quickly turn around, blessing my eyes as soon as I see him standing in front of me. He actually came.

"Draco, you're here!" I smile as I give him a approved nod at his appearance. He's wearing an all black suit, with his hair slightly parted in the middle. He looks really fine, like a gentleman and he smells really good. I feel like I am about to ask him for a 360 turn so I can appreciate his outfit even more. But I hold myself back.

Draco starts nodding. "Yeah, I guess I am. So, where's your date?"

"Oh," I laugh nervously. "I don't have one."

I can swear, Draco's eyes light up with something. Excitement? Achievement?

"Amazing," he holds out his hand for me. "Will you be mine then?"

Yours? Hell yes.

"Only if you are going to be mine, too?" I say jokingly, putting my hand into his.

"I would love to." He responses with the same grin as he pulls me closer to him by wrapping an arm around my waist and walking into the hall with me.

Stay cool, stay cool, stay freaking cool.

~

As soon as we step into the great hall, I catch Draco's eyes jumping from one point to the other, scanning the entire room in panic.

"They are not here, yet." I whisper to him, assuringly tightening my hand around his arm.

Draco starts nodding, looking straight forward. But he is still tense. His body is firm, not relaxed at all. He doesn't feel comfortable. He doesn't want to be here.

I watch his eyes still look around the entire room as we get us some drinks and stand next to a corner of the room. Now, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable myself because I was the one to make him come here. "You know, we can go if you want.." I tell him, nervously playing with the glass in my hands.

"What?" Draco's eyes meet mine for the first time now. "No, no, that's not necessary. It's fun—"

As Draco interrupts himself out of nowhere, I follow his eyes to the entrance of the hall. There she is.

I bite my lip while watching James walk inside the room with Astoria around his arm. Both of them are smiling and talking to each other. Looking back at Draco, I find him already looking down at his drink, refusing to watch them any moment longer.