chapter 46

"Everte Statum!" The purple-orange sparkles shoot out of the tip of my wand so fast, they hit Draco right into his chest and force him to finally fly several feet in mid-air before he smashes onto the ground. His wand yanks out of his grip and he coughs twice, holding onto his chest, before slowly getting back to feet. Our practices payed off.

A small grin crawls up onto my face as my look swifts towards Snape who is standing next to the middle sized platform I am on. Other students from my DADA class stand there with wide opened mouths while they watch Draco head over to my side. I don't think they have ever seen Draco Malfoy stumble in DADA before.

The professor remains silent for at least fifteen seconds before I perceive a slight nod of his head. "Good." He brings out plainly. Good? I have trained all those months for a 'good'?

But a good is good. Isn't it?

Snape peers my eyes before clicking his sight back onto the paper in his hands. The list. He calls out two other names so I get off the podium and move right back into the crowd of other people from my class. Draco keeps foot right behind me.

"You did well," Draco swings his arm around my shoulders when we both walk out of the class to head to our next one. "I wonder from whom you've learned all those things?" He points out ironically.

His touch makes me uncomfortable. Since the last time Draco and I had sex, which was that day we argued because he didn't want to slap me, has passed almost two weeks.

Every time I tried to get something more than making out from him, Draco would stop me. Would tell me that he is not really in the mood or would simply not even let me take it that far. I didn't mention anything about sex either, though. I just observed how it would develop by itself. But as it seems, it didn't at all.

I'm not sure why he tries to avoid sex. Or is he even trying to avoid it? Nevertheless, I came to the conclusion that he just doesn't feel comfortable with it anymore. Thinking about the last time I told him that the sex we had didn't satisfy me anymore, I might have gotten him feeling uncomfortable doing it at all. And from the clear fact that Draco doesn't want to go as far as soft sex, he decided to stop the spinning wheel entirely. Perhaps he thought that would help but in reality it only affects our relationship even worse.

Due to no intimate contact, I started to overthink this complete relationship. And I got that far, pouring into my mind, that I know almost nothing about this boy. Well, not in the perspective the mind would go first, but in the perspective where the thoughts go onto a deeper level. Draco and I never talk about our families, our dreams, nor the things we want to achieve together or separately.

Draco is my first boyfriend and, I am not really sure, but I think those kind of things should be told or discussed in a partnership. But the level of partnership Draco and I share is very much only slightly below the surface. Very unstable and unfulfilled. I noticed, that even though Draco isn't particularly hiding his own life from me, he surely tries to avoid every topic that includes his personal sight.

I remember him once, only once, questioning something about my parents. To how they were like. He listened very carefully that day while I was talking about them and my childhood. But he himself only told me one thing. Only one. Namely, that he had a snake once, which he got gifted from his father. But not long after his father sold it again. Draco seemed very tensed when he told me this. I don't think he wanted to tell me this part of his childhood at all. It might have just slipped out. But other than that, I know nothing. And it somehow terrifies me to know that I know nothing.

"Thank you." I press out a slight chuckle. My eyes meet his and I look over his tired out expression. That's another thing Draco never talks about. Since Draco told me that he is a death eater, he hasn't been the same. He always looks tired, dark circles beneath his eyes. Draco's icy eyes stopped giving him support and power. They are exhausted and blank all the time. Some days I even catch him leaving them closed for almost the entire classes. Perhaps he even falls asleep during early classes. I'm not sure what Draco is doing after bed rest because I stopped staying over every single night. Not because Draco tells me he doesn't want me to, but because I simply think he would prefer it that way.