chapter 30 part two

~

"Do you think they even noticed?" Draco chuckles out as we both walk down the corridors and up the stairs.

A laugh escapes my mouth. "Nah, they are way to drunk." I tell him with a big grin on my face. "Draco?"

"Mh?"

"Are you drunk?"

"Perhaps I am."

"Really?"

"Well, a little more than tipsy for sure."

"Okay."

Draco gives me a confused head shake, not understanding my random question at all. I mean, obviously he feels the effect of the alcohol. But how much does he feel? How much can the alcohol impact his actions right now?

We stop in front of a big window. Looking over at Draco I raise an eyebrow. "What are we doing here?"

"Climbing out." He says, opening the massive glass.

Climbing out?

I start to shake my head immediately what makes my vision leave my eyes even more. "No way. Are you mental? We are too drunk to climb onto roofs, Malfoy. You want to kill us both?"

"Don't shit your panties, darling." He chuckles out again, placing both of his hands onto my waist. "I'll make sure I don't kill us both." And with that Draco lifts me up, making a muted shriek burst out of my mouth as I lean against the glass to get to the other side. Draco's hands hold onto my ass to give me assurance of not falling back. He's squeezing a little too much to just help me.

I just know he is grinning like a fool right now.

"Stop grinning you pervert." I choke out even if I can't see his face right now.

"Sorry." Draco laughs out, biting his lip to stop himself from it.

He gives me a tiny push so that I get over the frame and pull onto my dress to get it to the other side as well. Draco follows right after me.

I turn towards the edge of the roof, observing the view. The wind breeze is icy, colliding with my warm skin as Draco's strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. I sink into his touch, leaning my back against his chest. I can feel his heart racing like crazy; because of alcohol or not, I can't make out.

I turn myself to him, laying my hands onto his shoulders and around his neck while Draco's grip remains around my waist. "Your heart is beating really fast." I whisper, my gaze shortly switches from his grey eyes to his reddish lips.

"It is?" Draco asks what makes me look back up as I nod. Suddenly, his hands hold firmer onto me, pressing me against his chest even more. "So is yours." He eventually says.

It's so quiet up here. Only the buzz of the music downstairs can be heard a little as we stare into each others eyes. Both of us are holding onto one another, not daring to let go. Draco inhales my breathe while I do the same.

I once heard that if we don't like the natural smell of a person, it means that our body is telling us that we just don't belong together. By finding the natural smell of someone else unattractive, our body signalises us that this person was not made for us and is not meant for ourselves. Only if our body actually enjoys the scent of the person in front of us, it actually signalises us to like that person. The scent of someone, attractive or not, tells us wether our own body fits with theirs or not.

And oh how I loved Draco's scent.

He wore his perfume most of the time but sometimes at night, when I stayed over, I was able to breathe his actual scent. His natural scent. And I could do that forever if I was able to.