5: Tutoring

After the school day was over, Lizzie was on her way home when Scarlett called her name. Jogging to catch up to her.

"Are you ok Scarlett?" She asked Scarlett as she caught her breath.

"Yeah." Scarlett shook her head. "Woo. I need to work out more." Lizzie analysed her friend as she caught her breath. "I'm sorry."

"What?" Lizzie asked her.

"I'm sorry for how I acted. I uh I was stupid." Scarlett said as Lizzie was about to say something, she cut her off. "Let me finish please." Lizzie just smiled at her. "You were trying to protect me and I was a bitch. So I'm so sorry."

"Ok." Lizzie smiled at her.

"So shall we hang out?" Scarlett asked her as she linked arms with her.

"I uh I have been dragged into tutoring." Lizzie said sadly as Scarlett just looked at her.

"Blow it off." She told her.

"I can't. Principle Hahn asked me to do it." Lizzie said with a groan at the thought of it being Y/N.

"Who is it?" Scarlett asked her as Lizzie laughed.

"Y/N. Don't you just love karma." Lizzie chuckled dryly as the two started to walk slowly.

"Maybe don't judge her to harshly." Scarlett reasoned with her. Lizzie looked at her with a raised brow. "Just bare with her. She might not be as bad as everyone says."

Before Lizzie could say anything Scarlett went in the opposite direction to her own home. Lizzie just shook her head at her best friend's words. Replaying in her mind.

As soon as Lizzie walked in the front door, she was met instantly by MK sat on the sofa.

"Where's mum?" Lizzie asked her.

"The cafe with Ashley." She shrugged as Lizzie walked in further. "How was school Lizard?"

"Ok." Lizzie shrugged as she got her books out and started to study.

"Just ok? Nothing interesting happened?" She pressed on as she gave Lizzie her full attention.

"Principle Hahn asked me to tutor Y/N Y/L/N." Lizzie said disgusted.

"Well she must need the help if the Principle requested it." MK said as Lizzie groaned.

"So she is coming here after tryouts." Lizzie told her.

"Wait. She is coming here?" MK asked her as Lizzie nodded. "When do you think tryouts finish?"

"In an hour maybe. Why?" Lizzie asked her.

"Good. There's 30 minutes left of this and then I can make myself scarce." MK sighed in relief.

"Why?" Lizzie asked her.

"Well, a couple of years she was toned and well, let's just say she was so fucking sexy." MK said as Lizzie groaned. "And I am positive that in the years that have passed, she has most likely gotten sexier and I don't think I could hold myself back if I saw her."

"I really did not need to know that MK." Lizzie said as she tried to shake the disgusting conversation off of her. "Just finish your show and leave. At least if I end up killing her, there are no witnesses."

MK just laughed at her sister's distaste for the school's heartbreaker as she continued her show. Lizzie was working on her English Lit while she could.

As the time went on, MK decided to go and help their mum and Ashley at the cafe. Leaving Lizzie alone, waiting for Y/N. Lizzie groaned when she heard the doorbell ring. Knowing that her peace and tranquility is now over.

"Hey." Y/N spoke awkwardly as Lizzie opened the door. Sarcastically moving her arm, beckoning them inside.

"Nope. We are not doing that." Lizzie said as she sat down in her seat. "We are not friends. We aren't even acquaintences. We will not share any small talk. We are here for you to learn more about history and then you can maybe leave me alone."

"Ok." Y/N said slowly as she took her books from her bag. "So we've been doing the 1st World War."

"Yes." Lizzie said. The two spent the better half of two hours studying. Y/N actually learning something from Lizzie. When Lizzie noticed the time for her mum and sisters to be home any moment. She quickly brought it to an end. "We will pick up more tomorrow at lunch in the library."

"I can't do lunch." Y/N said as Lizzie shook her head.

"You work around my schedule or not. There's no compromise." Lizzie told her. "Or you can fail and be thrown off of the soccer team. The choice is yours." She shrugged as she packed her things away. Y/N just sighed with a nod.

"Ok." Y/N said as she packed her books away before standing up. "I'll uh I'll show myself out."

Lizzie smiled at them sarcastically as they left. Sighing in relief when she heard the door close. Massaging her temples as she closed her eyes for a brief moment.

"Are you ok sweetie?" Jarnette asked as she walked in with the twins.

"Just a headache." Lizzie told her.

"Well go and rest up baby. You keep your head in those books too much." She said as she kissed the top of Lizzie's head as she walked passed towards the kitchen. "I'll bring you some food up Lizard."

"You heard her." Ashley smirked as Lizzie groaned. She was about to take her books when MK snatched her bag from her.

"Nope. She said no books. Rest." MK told her.

"What am I supposed to do?" Lizzie asked them.

"Watch a movie." MK suggested.

"Listen to music." Ashley chimed in.

"Take a nice long hot bath." MK said with a smile.

"Just anything but read." Ashley said as she pushed her towards the stairs. Lizzie mumbled curses under her breath as she slumped up the stairs to her room to do as she was told by them. Needing a much needed soak in the bath after her tutoring session with Y/N. It soon relieved her stressed muscles from straining over the coffee table to study. Looking forward to using the library instead.

AN

Another chapter for you addicts. I hope you enjoy your fix