29: Christmas

After the altercation with Y/D/N, he hadn't been near the shop. He noticed how much taller she was from the last time he saw her. Besides she was just a 13 year old girl.

Y/N had kind of went back within herself and found herself at an emergency therapy session on christmas eve.

"So tell me what happened?" They asked her as she fiddled with the corners on the cushion she held on her lap. Taking in the different weave patterns of the cotton.

"Uh. He was released." Y/N started not breaking her eyes away from the cushion.

"Who?" They asked her.

"You know who." Y/N snapped.

"Y/N. In order for me to help you, you need to move passed the fear. I understand that you have been through so much but I know you are stronger than you know." They told her. "So who was released?"

"Y/D/N." Y/N spoke with anger. "My supposed father who was supposed to protect me. Keep me safe but he didn't." Y/N started to yell as her therapist just listened to her. "He used me. He had his friends use me. I was just some kid who needed a safe place to grow and I never had that. HE NEVER PROTECTED ME!"

"How do you feel?" They asked her as she chuckled at them as she started to pace the room.

"I feel dirty. Used." Y/N spoke barely above a whisper. "Broken and tired. I'm just so tired."

"In what way?" They asked her.

"Like I just, I have this amazing girlfriend. Lizzie. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and then there is Kathryn. She fought to take me in. Give me the safety I craved as a child and she didn't need to. She could have left me with those foster parents who used to beat me when I didn't follow their orders. But she took me in." Y/N spoke softly. "I am just so tired. Everytime I think I am getting passed my past. The trauma and the nightmares just creep back in, and I am so fucking tired of it. He manages to ruin all of the good things in my life without even being in it."

"Well, I think we have made a small breakthrough." They told her. "But I would like to go back to weekly appointments."

"Thank you." Y/N told them as they left the room. When she got to her car, she broke down instantly. Slamming her steering wheel as she screamed. When she finally took a deep breath and wiped her eyes before she made her way home.

Kathryn was out doing the last minute shopping for the dinner tomorrow. She was happy with it being Y/N's first christmas with her. She wanted to make it one she would remember. So she got it all of the ingredients for a homemade turkey dinner.

But what Y/N never expected when she pulled up in the driveway was to see Lizzie in an overcoat and scarf, sat on the doorstep.

"Let's get you in the warm." Y/N told her softly as she opened the door. She helped Lizzie take off her scarf and coat before leading her into the living room. "Sit." Y/N ordered her as she lit the fire before she retreated to the kitchen to make two cups of hot cocoa.

"Are you ok?" Lizzie asked her once she returned with two hot cups. Handing one over to Lizzie.

"Yeah. I think so." Y/N said as she sipped on her cocoa. "I uh, I didn't think I would see you until after christmas."

"I was worried about you. You hadn't returned my texts." Lizzie told her as Y/N glanced at her phone.

"I'm sorry. I was busy." Y/N spoke shamefully. She watched as Lizzie's face turned into one of confusion. "I was at therapy. I needed a session. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise." Lizzie whispered. "I was just worried."

"I'm fine. I have you here with me." Y/N smiled at her which Lizzie returned. "Wait here." Y/N told her as she disappeared up the stairs in a flash. "I uh didn't expect to see you until after christmas but these are for you."

"You didn't have to Blue." Lizzie smiled.

"I know. But I wanted to." Y/N told her. She told Lizzie to open them.

She smiled when she saw all of the gift sets she got. Including a spider plush which made her laugh. Before she got to two long velvet boxes.

"You really didn't need to." Lizzie told her.

"Just open them." Y/N urged her as Lizzie smiled opening the first. "I uh, I noticed you're not really a jewellery person but you play with your sleeves a lot so it's sort of a fidget bracelet."

"Thank you." Lizzie smiled as she asked Y/N to put it on for her. She opened the second box and smiled when she saw a pen set. She smiled when she saw what was engraved along the silver.

My Sunshine

"This is too much." Lizzie told her with tears in her eyes.

"No. It's not enough." Y/N said as she placed the pen set down. "You have helped me in so many ways Lizzie. You haven't judged me. Even when I told you about my past, you didn't run like most people would. You stayed."

"Because I love you." Lizzie told her. "I stayed because your past doesn't depict who you are. I stayed because of the strong willed woman I see before me. The one who isn't afraid to be vulnerable around me. The one who trusts me with her heart which I will guard with my life. That is the Y/N I fell in love with."

"You sure you wanna be a journalist because I think you should be a poet or an author of some sort." Y/N chuckled making Lizzie smile.

"I want to be a journalist but I also want to be by your side as you become a professional soccer player." Lizzie whispered as she caressed Y/N's cheek. "You will always be my future."

"You're my future too sunshine." Y/N whispered, leaning in to kiss her softly.

AN

Two chapters in one day guys. Please let me know what you think. :)