14: Talks

Y/N had kept her head down in school the next week. Avoiding everyone. Spending most of her free time in the library. Everytime Lizzie has looked around the hallways, the cafeteria only to not find Y/N.

Everyone at the school knew what happened to Robbie. Y/N also had a couple of weeks off from soccer because of her injury. Which will be better in time for the season to start.

Lizzie had had enough of missing Y/N. They needed to talk about everything. Y/N knew she needed to apologise to Lizzie for jumping to conclusions.

As the day went on and the last bell rang. Lizzie was the first to leave. Making her way to the parking lot. She sat on the trunk of Y/N's car. She didn't have to wait long knowing she wouldn't be going to practice.

"What?" Y/N asked Lizzie as she approached her car.

"You've been avoiding me since the party." Lizzie stated as she stood up.

"Whoopity doo." Y/N spoke sarcastically as she threw her bag on the backseat.

"Why?" Lizzie asked her.

"Can we please not get into this right now. Especially not here." Y/N said.

"I need you to talk to me. I deserve to know." Lizzie told her as Y/N sighed.

"Get in." She nodded to the other side as Lizzie watched her closely. "Get in before I change my mind."

Lizzie walked to the passenger side and got in. Putting her seatbelt on as Y/N started to reverse out of her spot. Y/N drove to her favourite spot under the pier. As Y/N was walking along the beach with Lizzie treading close behind. She sat down soon joined by Lizzie.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" She asked Y/N who sighed. Lizzie waited patiently as Y/N got her thoughts together.

"I like you Lizzie. I like really like you." Y/N said as she turned to Lizzie. "I have since you confronted me and since then, I haven't been with anyone because they aren't you."

"Y/N." Lizzie tried as Y/N shook her head.

"You deserve better than me Lizzie. You deserve to be with someone who shares your goals. Someone who will be able to be there for you without you needing to pick them up." Y/N told her shakily. "I am damaged. I have been since the day I was born, and you deserve someone who is worthy. I am not worthy."

"Y/N. You are worthy." Lizzie said as she took their hand in hers. "You are worthy of so much more. I am sorry you got dealt the short hand but your past doesn't define you. It doesn't make you who you are. It's how you learn from your past. How you get passed it. And in the short time I have actually liked you as a person, I know how strong you are."

"I'm not strong Lizzie." Y/N whispered with tears in her eyes. "I am weak. I hid from my past. The abuse I have suffered in the past. I hid from it by sleeping with all those girls. Not caring about their feelings. I didn't care about how they felt after those few fleeting moments of pleasure. The shame. The sadness. The hurt that follows. The feeling of being used for someone else's gains." Y/N turned to face Lizzie and the look in her eyes broke Lizzie's heart. "I used to be that girl. The used girl. From well the start of puberty. That was me. And I compensate from that by sleeping around because I am not worthy of love and I make them girls feel like that. How is that right?"

"It's not right Y/N." Lizzie spoke softly. "But you have the opportunity to change that and I know you can."

"I really do like you Lizzie and it's fucking frightening." Y/N confessed. "I haven't felt like this for anyone. Never and then you come along. You change my way of feeling. Of thinking. You made me a better person Lizzie. You did that."

Lizzie listened to her talk while looking at her lips. She reached up and caressed Y/N's cheek as she spoke. Mesmerised by her lips. She soon found herself kissing Y/N. The girl she has grown to have feelings for.

As the kiss went on, the two felt shivers as the kiss deepened. Y/N held her neck with on hand and rested the other on the outside of her thigh. Lizzie felt like she was on cloud nine as their tongues danced together. With this kiss she felt everything. Every nerve was tingling. Her stomach was fluttering. Her head was spinning and not to lack of air. This was how her first kiss should have been.

"Wow." She whispered when they pulled away. Lizzie opened her eyes, lookong straight into Y/N's dark blue eyes. "I don't care what happened in the past. I don't care about the person you were. I care about the person you are now and in the future. That is the Y/N I have fallen for and will continue to fall for."

"After you learn more about me you won't." Y/N said as she held Lizzie's hand.

"Stop trying to push me away Y/N. I want to be here for you. I want to be the person you can talk to. The person you tell your worst fears to. The person you trust with your hopes and dreams. I want to be your person so please just let me be that. Please." Lizzie finished barely above a whisper

"Ok." Y/N said with a gentle smile. "I also want to take you on a date. On Saturday. We are going to need a whole day."

"I would love to spend a whole day with you." Lizzie smiled before she pecked her lips once more before holding each other close as they listened to the waves and the seagulls. Happy and content in one anothers arms.

AN

A deep one here with a lot of emotion. But THEY KISSED. THEY FINALLY KISSED.
Please let me know what you think.