44: Prom

The night everyone had been waiting for is now here. Prom night. Before Lizzie came along, Y/N never really attended any school dances. She didn’t start the school year with Lizzie, but she intends to finish it by her side.

Lizzie and Scarlett where both getting ready at Lizzie’s, with the help of the twins. Once Lizzie was out of the bathroom in her dress, her hair and make up already done. The three girls squealed.

“You look stunning Lizzie.” Ashley beamed as MK nodded in agreement. “Y/N isn’t going to know what has hit her when she sees you.”

“What about Scarlett?” Lizzie tried to get the attention off of her.

“Oh, I have plans with Chris for after tonight.” She smirked which made the others chuckle at her insinuation. “We need to finish up before the two of them arrive.”

“Do you have any idea what they’re wearing?”  MK asked them. Lizzie looked confused as Scarlett smirked.

“Don’t worry, I made sure that they know what to buy.” Scarlett told them as the doorbell rang. The twins were the first to run out of the room and answer the door. Seeing both Y/N and Chris wearing similar suits with corsages.

“Don’t you two look dashing.” Ashley smiled as she let them in. MK observing the two.

“Just need to make sure you both look acceptable before you take the girls.” MK told them as she stopped in front of the two. Observing the corsages. “Are they wrist or pin?”

“Wrist.” Y/N said shyly.

“Pin.” Chris answered nervously. MK hummed as the two stood there nervously. The two girls giggling as they watched the two being pressured by the twins.

“Where are our dates? We have a prom to get to.” Y/N said as the twins tilted their heads. Making her gulp lightly. “I mean, I want to spend the night worshipping the goddess that pitied me enough to be my girlfriend?”

“That is much better.” Ashley smirked as the two girls made their way downstairs. Putting a stop to the torture. Both Y/N and Chris standing there like deer in headlights.

“You’re both stunning.” The two spoke in unison. Y/N stood there with a fuzzy smile on her face. Taking in all of the beauty that stood before her.

“This is for you.” Y/N whispered as she took Lizzie’s hand softly. Putting the corsage on as Lizzie watched her attentively.

“Ok. Mum wants pictures. If she doesn’t get them she will have all of our asses.” MK said as she ushered the four teens to pose. Waiting patiently as MK snapped a few pictures before sending them on their way.

When they arrived at the school gym, a lot of their colleagues were already there. Dancing, laughing and talking. Enjoying one night were they would all be in the same company before leaving to go onto better things.

“Dance with me.” Lizzie requested as she started to pull Y/N towards the dance floor. Y/N held her hips as Lizzie’s arms wrapped around Y/N’s shoulders. Swaying to the music. Enjoying the closeness of each other.

“I never thought I would ever step foot in a prom.” Y/N pointed out as Lizzie smiled.

“This is my first dance too.” She told her. “I never really had someone ask me before or someone I really wanted to go with.” She told her honestly. Y/N smiled at her before leaning in to kiss her softly. Ignoring the wolf whistles from Chris and Scarlett. Causing Lizzie to hide her face in Y/N’s chest. Causing her the chuckle lightly.

“You know, you could always mind your own business.” Y/N teased the two who just shrugged.

“This is our last night together in these walls.” Chris pointed out. Making Y/N’s heart break slightly.

“I am going to miss this place oddly enough.” Y/N said as the others agreed. “I won’t get to miss you.” She said as she pointed at Chris.

“Nope. Because we’re going to be roomies.” He cheered as Y/N laughed along with him. Scarlett then pulled Lizzie away, leaving Y/N and Chris alone.

“So, how is your speech coming?” Scarlett asked her as the two walked to the bathroom.

“It’s coming.” Lizzie said as she walked into one of the stalls. “I’m just extremely nervous about it.”

“You have nothing to be nervous about.” Scarlett cheered her as she fixed her own dress. “You are going to rock the shit out of that whole ceremony.”

“It still doesn’t ease the anxiety.” Lizzie said as she walked to the sink to wash her hands. “I just feel like I can throw up at any moment.”

“Are you pregnant?” Scarlett teased as Lizzie just shook her head no.

“We only done it once, and we used protection.” Lizzie told her.

“I am going to miss our private bathroom talks.” Scarlett said as she wrapped her arm around Lizzie’s.

“We are going to be roommates too.” Lizzie told her as they made their way back to the gym.

“I know. Which leaves next to no privacy.” Scarlett told her. “It will be standard night cap conversation.”

“We’re going to college, not turning 80.” Lizzie laughed at her best friend as she shrugged. Approaching Y/N and Chris who were both sat at a table. Talking about nonsense. Lizzie took a seat beside Y/N. "Can we go?" Lizzie asked her softly.

"If you want to." Y/N replied softly before turning to Chris and Scarlett. "Are you two good to get home?"

"Yeah, we can Uber." Chris said as Lizzie and Scarlett bid their goodbyes. The two getting in the car.

"Can we go to the beach?" Lizzie asked as Y/N took Lizzie's hand in theirs.

"Of course sunshine." Y/N kissed the back of her hand before starting to drive. Parking in the beach parking lot. Opening Lizzie's door for her. Walking hand in hand along the beach. Lizzie's heels in her free hand.

"It's so peaceful here." Lizzie whispered as she stopped walking. Y/N turning back to face her. "The sound of the sea, the moon shining. It's just something else to make this night even more magical."

"You being by my side makes every night magical." Y/N whispered making her blush.

"Such a smooth talker." Lizzie said as she stepped closer to Y/N. Y/N's hands instinctively went to her hips as Lizzie's wrapped around her shoulder.

"Only for you." Y/N whispered as their noses brushed together. Their lips touching in a soft and gentle kiss.

AN

Prom night guys. Hope you guys enjoyed it.